• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, real python. Barney's says they can't even ship them to CA due to their laws about that stuff.

spreadcollar

Reaction score
I think it's too nipped at the waist; the arms could be cut smaller for how slim it fits. But it seems like it probably looks very nice in person, which is why I can't fault you for picking it. I think the cut almost demands something "runway" - narrow shoes, slim trousers, etc.
Originally Posted by DLester
I assume you have problem with the pants. Are you recommending jeans or wool pants instead? I would like to wear this jacket to work now and then, so it can't be a "just with jeans" jacket.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
That looks very nice, funny I was thinking jil sander before I saw the label. Definitely would work better with some nice sleek modern trousers and shoes (have a look at how they wear it on the runway, not that you should wear it the same way but it gives you an idea of what would work).

That is one of the things I like about it. You know who made it by looking at the design, not the label. It is unmistakeable.

Originally Posted by spreadcollar
I think it's too nipped at the waist; the arms could be cut smaller for how slim it fits. But it seems like it probably looks very nice in person, which is why I can't fault you for picking it. I think the cut almost demands something "runway" - narrow shoes, slim trousers, etc.

It is a striking jacket, which doesn't come through fully in the grainy, low-light iphone photos. The cut is the main thing, but the fabric also has an interesting, subtle weave. It is definitely right for someone; I can't decide if it is for me.

It is full price so I probably have some time to make a decision.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It is pretty nice and can easily be had at 40 off if you want it in another couple of months.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good.

I would grab it but I have a different aesthetic for work.

gt33

Reaction score
131890_1_alv_261.jpg
sperrys..60 bucks..not sure if there is a better alternative around the same price

Mossy

Reaction score
I need a boot I can wear regularly to school (alternate with my db's/sneakers), and preferably something I can dress up with for going out sometimes too. Will be worn with my AW cougars and a slim pair of raw denim to be determined. These APCs caught my eye, and I'd rather keep it around $500 than move into $700 territory for the w+h boots. yay or nay?
apc-leather-sole-work-boots.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^no, get indys if you want that style

Mossy

Reaction score
definitely not set on a particular style. with that said, do you have any other recommendations in the $400-$700 price range? thx

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PattyC
What do you guys think? http://www.lyleandscott.com/shop/JE764V02/index.html
really you cant think that out for yourself?it is a gray v neck sweater with a little gold eagle on it. i don know the rest of your wardrobe, the rest of your personal style, so I dont know. im sure you can figure out whether a heather grey v neck sweater would fit into your wardrobe. My guess is yes but who knows I may be wrong and you could be dressing like uncontrol. EDIT: sorry i just read that again and I realized how mean that sounded.I just got back home and I am pretty messed up so i am sorry. but really why can't you figure that out by yourself. this is the part of sf that pisses me off.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
I need a boot I can wear regularly to school (alternate with my db's/sneakers), and preferably something I can dress up with for going out sometimes too. Will be worn with my AW cougars and a slim pair of raw denim to be determined.

These APCs caught my eye, and I'd rather keep it around $500 than move into $700 territory for the w+h boots.

yay or nay?

If you really want them wait for sale time, but I agree with Jet Alden Indy's are a better buy for the price and style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads