• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to buy this in a month or so.

Weekender-Whiskey-2.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who makes that duffle?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There's something about those I'm not feelin.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1235420112967_059.JPG
Opinionate. I'm thinking of wearing it with my blue or white Splendid poplin shorts, maybe even jeans. Also, how slim does CNC usually run?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Okay. Hahah. Xeno- I'm currently trying to move my wardrobe away from trad/Americana and towards a more SUFU-esque look.
I saw these today on eBay and they might be up your alley, though I can see people disliking the styling. They might go for pennies

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Thinking of getting the W+H SS09 Bomber jacket in black.

I like the black and it looks good when its abit faded. I've heard the quality is good.

Any advices?

Thanks!

Your talking about this right?
567_0_1_700.jpg

Wings & horns has very nice quality outerwear, I say go for it if your into the military-esque look. By the way, I dunno where you are looking for it, but I pulled that off of gravitypope, and they have them marked down to like $380 canadian which ends up being around $330 with shipping, you gotta email them for real time stock though. Either way that is a very solid jacket for the $300-$400 price range, they are on sale at a lot of places.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Thinking of getting the W+H SS09 Bomber jacket in black.

I like the black and it looks good when its abit faded. I've heard the quality is good.

Any advices?

Thanks!

It's not washed red or promoted by hyrcollective right? I say go for it. I haven't handled it or seen it in person, it seems people have had some good things to say about it. I quite like the look of it myself.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
1235420112967_059.JPG

Opinionate. I'm thinking of wearing it with my blue or white Splendid poplin shorts, maybe even jeans.

Also, how slim does CNC usually run?

Hmm, I'm not feeling that much although I have a thing against patterned shirts so that may be why. If I were to pull the trigger on a patterend shirt though, I would hold out to see what kind of magic Epaulet puts together with that nice looking Hawaiian fabric he just received.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
If I were to pull the trigger on a patterend shirt though, I would hold out to see what kind of magic Epaulet puts together with that nice looking Hawaiian fabric he just received.

Oh, yeah, I'm almost certainly going to get that aloha shirt come July.
smile.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
Your dressing room fits always look better than your WAYWTs. Those chinos look great and the shirt is cool too. What is it?

That's actually a really insightful comment. Looking through all my photos, I realize that you're absolutely right. I think I bought a lot of less-than-great pieces in my earlier SF days which I still wore throughout the school year because I had no money to buy anything different. Nevertheless, I think my sense of style has improved a lot since then, and that my newer purchases (read: stuff I've been trying on lately and will buy as I make mo' cashmoney from freelance summer work) will be better.

Anyway, it's all RRL. Shirt is chambray with embroidered anchors.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WMMK, your in a tough spot.

If your a student and not on a great income, then it can be difficult to buy the better pieces, because you need stuff to wear everyday.

I left home at 19, and I've worked full time and studied since I was 18. My job (psychnurse) allows me to earn a sweet wage and study for what I really want to do (economist)

Even then dude, I didn't really have enough money to buy sweet threads until now. I wish I had uniqlo or muji here, would have been way easier.

Buying quality peices really doesn't compare though. Stuff just lasts so much longer. Those RRL chino's will be with you for awhile. The big difference is in the fabric - the faster you mill fabric, the more microscopic damage you get in the individual yarn patterns and the quicker it breaks down in the wash wear cycle. Better quality construction is second, and third would be the cool details you get - RRL chino's have vintage melamine buttons. The best examples is in denim,

Your fits are pimp for what you have to work with dude. When you get more cash it will be awesome to see what you do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads