• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should a restaurant be able to turn away clients based on age?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

As a side question, if it had been a baby dolphin, should it have been handled the same way?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunnydale
I thought this was an interesting article about an Ottawa restaurant that let a couple know that their 6 month year old baby was not welcome. What do you think, should restaurants be able to pick and choose their clients age? http://www.advicegoddess.com/goddessblog.html
lolwut Babies are ******* annoying, keep them locked up until they're trained, please

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hire a ******* babysitter for **** sake.

Who wants to spend the evening with a baby around?

At first one could at least sympathize with the parents, but when they filed a ******* HUMAN RIGHTS complaint, then I decided that they needed to be shot.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Hire a ******* babysitter for **** sake. Who wants to spend the evening with a baby around? At first one could at least sympathize with the parents, but when they filed a ******* HUMAN RIGHTS complaint, then I decided that they needed to be shot.
+1 Going to a nice wine bar with a data and then having to sit next to an attention sapping 3-month old would totally kill it for me. And then they start to whine. And they whine because they **** their diapers, but the restaurant doesn't have changing stations so you're stuck with a whiny baby and the smell of **** wafting in the air. FWIW, some NYC places have a pretty strict no young children policy, I think Alto or La Grenouile has it listed when you book a table.

imschatz

Reaction score
For sure .. no babies allowed. Private establishment, private rules. I'm still hoping movie theatres will start having a policy where you have to be 10 years of age or older to see a 10:00pm or later movie.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Hire a ******* babysitter for **** sake.

Who wants to spend the evening with a baby around?

At first one could at least sympathize with the parents, but when they filed a ******* HUMAN RIGHTS complaint, then I decided that they needed to be shot.

I think that there are places for kids, and places not for kids. and, having a clear policy is a good thing. what I hate is when they just don't give you the same level of service or try to hide you in the corner.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
lolwut

Babies are ******* annoying, keep them locked up until they're trained, please

+50, what restaurant worth its salt would you want to bring a baby to anyway. Per se?

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I think that there are places for kids, and places not for kids. and, having a clear policy is a good thing. what I hate is when they just don't give you the same level of service or try to hide you in the corner.

Confused. Who's the you? You? And they put you in a corner? Why?You're not a kid, right?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
Confused. Who's the you? You? And they put you in a corner? Why?You're not a kid, right?
Nobody puts baby in the corner! (had to do it)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is this even a question? A restaurant should be able to serve whoever they want for whatever reason they want. If they only want to serve 19 year old Neo-Nazi skinheads, that is their right. End of story.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
For sure .. no babies allowed. Private establishment, private rules. I'm still hoping movie theatres will start having a policy where you have to be 10 years of age or older to see a 10:00pm or later movie.

They are starting to introduce theatres that serve liquor. No kids at any time of day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads