• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shorts and a Blazer

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not going to start talking airport codes as most of my passwords are based on them.

Oh, and I removed the accidental possessive where only a plural pronoun was required. Mrs. Penny seems to be haunting me lately.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hhmmm...in the minds of those who think they are important perhaps. Reality is very different. 
I said nothing about important. I just said that those who know from experience have it over those who know second hand. It's about how one lives life ... on any level.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No ... those who have actually experienced something -- no matter how rich or poor ... no matter how schooled or unschooled -- rather than those who've only heard or read about it. Experience trumps hearsay.

Perhaps I expressed myself poorly ... but that is the honest intent.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're having a heart to heart.

London Rudeboy

Reaction score
Experience trumps hearsay.
Then we are in agreement.
BTW, on the subject of airfields when I was in the RAF I was based at the following RAF Stations:

RAF Swinderby
RAF Catterick
RAF Wittering
RAF North Luffenham
RAF Wyton
RAF Hullavington

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Then we are in agreement.
BTW, on the subject of airfields when I was in the RAF I was based at the following RAF Stations:

RAF Swinderby
RAF Catterick
RAF Wittering 
RAF North Luffenham
RAF Wyton  
RAF Hullavington 

My dad was RAF!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ive lived in texas, california, and colorado. which part of the west are bolo ties actually worn?
The photo below is of a well known Californian. I do believe he's wearing a bolo tie.

robert-mondavi.jpg

Last edited:

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a nice bolo tie. Never seen one where the shirt wasn't snapped or buttioned to the top, but that looks nice.

The problem with the Eastern Seaboard is the culture is limited. Out West we have several to enjoy- Western, Mountaineering, Fishing (commerical and sports), Logging Town, Mineing, Far East, and of course, the Europen influnce. I think I would get bored if I live back East.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I would get bored if I live back East.
I lived there and did. I'm more of an out-of-doors type and New York didn't cater to my 'wants.' But more than anything, my departure was aimed at getting away from the 24/7 mentality that had invaded the working world in New York. So I loaded up the truck and moved to Berk-e-ley ... Hills that is ... swimming pools ... movie stars. Well, make that hot tubs and liberals. In any event I arrived in the Bay Area -- caters a bit more to my out-of-doors proclivities -- and soon Silicon Valley boomed. Before I knew what hit me, mobile devices introduced this area to the same 24/7 mentality but this time as if on steroids. Now I've moved on again and am out of range of mobile devices ... or so I thought. Sadly I've discovered that if I stand 'just so,' I can pick up a signal from Rogers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads