• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't mind the pics of vintage shoes personally. Certainly better than the fugly norvegese monstrosities that used to populate this thread and drove the regulars away.

+2

Im on the anti norgovese clunky bastard team. Also on the vintage Isshy shoe AND NORE AS sleek lasted team. :slayer:

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I feel compelled to join the fray. We are by no means best buddies but I have gotten to know Issh a little bit. He has a genuine interest in and enthusiasm for vintage shoes. Where's the harm? I am puzzled by the antipathy. I find it puzzling that the same guys who probably get wet at the sight of Apparel Arts illustrations are reacting this way. I thought people on this forum were interested in craftsmanship. The guy who makes shoes for a living thinks some of these are pretty nice. I've seen some in person and they are. I confess that I prefer new shoes to vintage, but I did, to answer one guy's question, purchase a few that were in very good shape - NOS in two instances. They hardly looked like they were moldering in a closet. The price was very reasonable and I thought it was fun to buy a product from the American heyday of shoemaking. Guys like Baron (not to drag him in, 'cause he seems like a very decent fellow) show pics of vintage sweaters and there are hosannas. What's the difference here?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like to look at shoes and especially examples of skill and dedication. I see that in many of the vintage shoes. I see that in some contemporary shoes. For me there is no other reason to look at shoes simply because I'm not interested in superficialities such as splotchy antiquing. (It looks amateurish...to my eyes.)

That said, I suspect that many of the fashion forward shoes actually incorporate more room beyond the toe of the foot than classic vintage shoes. As Bengal said, three full sizes or roughly an inch was once considered the standard. But contemporary shoes may be as much as four full sizes longer than the stick on the foot.

As for the rest, it's a tempest in a teapot. Vintage shoes, when made beautifully are "shoe Appreciation," if you want to call it that. It's irrefutably eye candy...for those who will look. Even in my time, however, styles have come and gone. Fashions that seemed almost an epiphany in one decade become anathema in another.

All one can say is "hoo hum."

One needs to look past all that to really appreciate shoes--past, present or future. Someday you will wear square toes shoes...again.

Last edited:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burton

I am with Nore. I have no interest in most of these shoes. A '64 Impala wasn't a good car in '64 and it is nothing more than a curio today. Most of the shoes iss posts aren't particularly attractive and today they are primarily props. Not to say they are all bad--but none make me want to wear something worn by someone else and dug from a dusty closet. That said, people here seem to like them and there are forum tools that allow you to eliminate most of those pics from view.

WTF? Are you now the forum police for this thread? Back on your mat bro'!
Are you serious or just joining the good kicking?

Meister -- what did I right that makes me look like the forum police???? Come on. Silly post. Look at what I wrote and I stand by it. I don't like the shoes - my opinion. I acknowledge people here seem to like them. Then - if you don't like them --you can use the forum tools so you don't have to view them. Ehhh - I am not one who is for a whole lot of policing and in clothing forums policing really is unnecessary. Again, I think it is my right to say I am not a fan of most of the pics Issh posts.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Then - if you don't like them --you can use the forum tools so you don't have to view them.

blocked nore. long overdue. ty for the encouragement.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you're too stupid to understand the difference between what I said and total apathy, I'll explain at the 10 year anniversary event in person.

I must be too stupid. Please don't waste your time with me. Share your bountiful charm with others.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Hey bud, you came in with the ******* attitude, not me. I'm telling people to relax since it's just shoes, and you come out of left field with the accusatory bullshit. You have something you want to get off your chest, PM me. Otherwise, move along.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blocked nore. long overdue. ty for the encouragement.

Well that was just a suggestion--not a mandate. Everyone is acting as if we are headed into a new financial crisis. That or an Egyptian football match--where is the Marley when you need it? Bob Marley that is.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads