• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup @ opening of The Sartorialist's photo show, NYC Jan 22

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious that the comments section is frequented by overweight women who consider themselves fashionistas because they own a pair of Juicy Couture boots.

"Ohmigawd she's, like, layering those chunky knits like, soOoOoO well! UBER CUTE!"

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to buy this photo:

67987973qd9.jpg

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
On the Satorialist's blog, he edits/approves any posts, so there is only nominal controversy
Yes and that's precisely why he no longer posts here and at AAAC. The subjects that he posted on the MB's, often industry insiders with whom he was attempting to curry favor, would invariably be ripped to shreds.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

He's slightly camp; one never expected him to be married with children.

Remember his scarf fetish?

I can tell you if he pushed me out of the way with hiss ass like he does to people in that vid i would punch him directly in his face. but then again you wont catch me in a line outside some fashion show anyways.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
He's a short little guy who thinks he's the **** and has issues...aka Napoleon.

Also, shouldn't he change his name to the BoHoist as he hardly focuses on Men's sartorial fashion and instead upon Carine, Anna, LES Hipsters, etc?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
And as much as he likes to think otherwise....he's still just regarded as a member of the Press.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Yeah, I kind of wish I hadn't watched the YouTube spot, now. I always enjoyed his posts back on AAAC and SF back in the old days, but he does come across in the video as having a bad case of "LOVE ME! I'm BRILLIANT!!!" which hasn't been helped by having lots of fruity-flighty fashionistas telling him as much. He takes neat pics, but he's no Diane Arbus.

In any case, too much criticism can sound like sour grapes, but I do wish him the best and only hope that the fashion/art world won't do to him what it does to lots of others, namely love him for a few hours and then get rid of him when somebody else comes along. It's a notoriously fickle industry and he obviously really enjoys what he's doing (so I hope it lasts and continues to work out well!).

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the most egregious thing was when he started shaking his butt and shouting "Working Here!"

I'm surprised a bunch of bitchy fashionistas let him do that. Diana Vreeland would've had none of that.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I thought the most egregious thing was when he started shaking his butt and shouting "Working Here!"

I'm surprised a bunch of bitchy fashionistas let him do that. Diana Vreeland would've had none of that.

Yeah, I'd love to see him do that to Andre Leon-Tally. ALT would have gotten him in a bear hug in about a half second and probably smothered him under the full sable coat he would no doubt be wearing.
laugh.gif

Trying to give Scott SOME credit... do you think that the "WORKING HERE!" thing was maybe just joking with those people/being sarcastic or was he being serious?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yeah, I'd love to see him do that to Andre Leon-Tally. ALT would have gotten him in a bear hug in about a half second and probably smothered him under the full sable coat he would no doubt be wearing.
laugh.gif

Trying to give Scott SOME credit... do you think that the "WORKING HERE!" thing was maybe just joking with those people/being sarcastic or was he being serious?

My initial impression was that the first time he uttered WORKING HERE!, he was being serious, and then it become something slightly sarcastic. I noticed the slight apprehension on those people's faces.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought he was semi-joking as well - everyone seems to say he has good manners.

Did they say his site gets "about 1.3 MILLION pageviews a month"?
marchal.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
He's a short little guy who thinks he's the **** and has issues...aka Napoleon.

Also, shouldn't he change his name to the BoHoist as he hardly focuses on Men's sartorial fashion and instead upon Carine, Anna, LES Hipsters, etc?

rolleyes.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jeez...tough crowd.

The Sartorialist

Reaction score
I would love to see you guys at the opening

let me take a chance to clear up a few things

-I don't post here anymore because it is very difficult to find enough guys to shoot for both site.

- the comments section is very difficult for me, i would like a lively discussion but too many people seem to have forgotten how to politely criticize.
These are real people with real feelings, I asked them to take the photo not the other way around so I feel they deserve the respect of a thoughtful approach.
I am not trying to sell you anything or convince you to wear these looks but I must insist on a kind conversation.
basically if you wouldn't say it to their face then don't write the comment - I think that is fair.

- The person I said "working here" to is the young lady from Style.com that I share a car with while in Europe - we joke around a lot (like any people that work together) and they just happened to catch that on tape - what can i do

- as far as art, my photos simply capture "style" in a very specific moment in time.
if I can continue to do this for a number of years I could create a catalogue of images that might inspire others now and in the future. Only time will tell. I do have another announcement coming up soon that just might back this up

-Finally, I hope you guys have enjoyed the fact that I have been able to spotlight Style Forum favorites like Borrelli, Attolini and Rubinacci in my GQ page. I am happy i have been able to get these guys a little bit of press here

anyway, thanks guys - even if i don't post i still watch

S

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads