• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Yes, it isn't actually a crawl space.

Well of course. Was just curious if you were able to retrofit a full kitchen into it. I'd like to see the place if you ever post pictures on that part of the house. Unless it was built out that way when you moved in I bet it was an interesting project to undertake.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
It's a duplex, and has been since the 20s. Might have been built as one even. The only recent addition was enclosing the area of the front patio, which is now our dining room. I don't love it or hate it. Have not been inspired to post many photos of it, or even finish the planned molding work. Still recovering from everything I did to it a year ago.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Update: 7 appointments scheduled already. damn. hope it rents quickly.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Update: 7 appointments scheduled already. damn. hope it rents quickly.

If you have that many lined up already, you should be all set. Good luck with the process. You are making a really smart move that a lot of people wouldn't do.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice place. I guess size isnt everything (or anything). Lol. Good luck in the process and congrats on the new place.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Maxwell, what's the SF discount? If it's a $2400 discount, I would be willing to move to your area instead of a small town in IL.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Maxwell, what's the SF discount? If it's a $2400 discount, I would be willing to move to your area instead of a small town in IL.
rotflmao.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

We have a few applications in, but I will keep you posted.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Sorry dude. New tenants coming to sign the lease and give their deposit tonight.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
That's okay. I couldn't afford a move anyway. I just found out that my credit score is too bad for a local bank to let me open a checking account. It's a savings account for me!! With no ATM card, mind you.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's okay. I couldn't afford a move anyway. I just found out that my credit score is too bad for a local bank to let me open a checking account. It's a savings account for me!! With no ATM card, mind you.

Have you written a bunch of bad checks? I though that was the only way that was possible.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Have you written a bunch of bad checks? I though that was the only way that was possible.
Never had a check returned in my life AFAIK. I think it's just the combo of smalltown bank + 1 account sent out to collections made them say no thanks. Okay. Maybe more than one account. But whatevz.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I like the "beverage cart"
smile.gif
Also, any man cave that looks out onto a pristine vintage Porsche is a-ok in my book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads