• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seriously people

Brian SD

Reaction score
Thank you for the post, J. I don't like the idea of banning anyone, or voting anyone out, but it is good that you raise the issue and let everyone know..

the mods are watching.

Btw, can you make my text hot pink without having me voted on?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use Code Sample Font Color[/quote] ...check the 'iB Code' help card for more fun stuff.

vero_group

Reaction score
J,

A few months back a forum member here called me an "asshole." That kind of behavior is certainly ban-worthy in the future, yes?

Logan.

Brian SD

Reaction score
J,

A few months back a forum member here called me an "asshole." That kind of behavior is certainly ban-worthy in the future, yes?

Logan.
I will interject here and say that I certainly hope not. That does not seem like a large offense. I don't think that j is changing any rules, so to speak, but just making us aware that we are gentlemen and should act as thus (even if we use improper sentence structure).

And the hot pink ends... I promise.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(vero_group @ 22 July 2004, 5:30) J, A few months back a forum member here called me an "asshole." That kind of behavior is certainly ban-worthy in the future, yes? Logan.
I will interject here and say that I certainly hope not. That does not seem like a large offense. I don't think that j is changing any rules, so to speak, but just making us aware that we are gentlemen and should act as thus (even if we use improper sentence structure). And the hot pink ends... I promise.
I don't think I could take anyone seriously if they posted in hit pink. I'd assume I was reading a post written by a 12-year-old girl.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi Barbie. Hi Ken. You wanna go for a ride? Sure, Ken. Jump in. Ha ha ha ha. I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation Come on, Barbie, let's go party I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation I'm a blonde single girl in the fantasy world Dress me up, take your time, I'm your dollie You're my doll, rock and roll, feel the glamour and pain Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky-panky You can touch, you can play You can say I'm always yours, oooh whoa I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees Come jump in, be my friend, let us do it again Hit the town, fool around, let's go party You can touch, you can play You can say I'm always yours You can touch, you can play You can say I'm always yours Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world Life in plastic, it's fantastic You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere Imagination, life is your creation Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh - Oh, I'm having so much fun. - Well, Barbie, we're just getting started. - Oh, I love you Ken.
biggrin.gif
Jon.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Barbie. Hi Ken. You wanna go for a ride? Sure, Ken. Jump in. Ha ha ha ha. etc....
biggrin.gif
 Jon.
Ok, I have no qualms with banning Jon on this one post alone.
biggrin.gif
Who seconds the motion?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA. (Fell on the floor, hold on...)
biggrin.gif
Hey, VersaceMan mentioned a 12-year old girl and the color pink...what else could I post? Jon. Could be worse, in could have posted the lyrics to Cyndi Lauper's "˜Girls Just Want To Have Fun'...

marc37

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j,22 July 2004, 10:44
Originally Posted by marc37,21 July 2004, 11:10
l would be the first to go. People hate my guts on this forum and Andy's. lt is just a case of being misunderstood.
Like I said, weird is okay.
smile.gif

J, glad that you are now keeping an eye on the various goings on, on this (your) forum. I would just like a definition of "weird" as per your usage towards marc37? for example: Styleforum shoe discussion All posts by marc-au:
...T4phage: l don't trust you. l used to have an available email address and website but, l can't trust people like marc39 and you. You are a troll and a trouble maker. l don't know whether to like you or not. M.g is a homosexual. (Nothing against them but it is dirty).
- a baseless attack coupled with a baseless accusation against a former (and thus unable to defend himself) member.
....T4phage has no credibility. Who cares if he has or knows about good shoes. lf he is not a good person, he is not worth spitting on.
-spitting on??? or how about the killing and eating people? Styleforum discussion on self image
... l enjoy inflicking misery and pain on my fellow man.... like seeing people suffering and in pain. l hate all the people in the world; l wish 95% of the humans on earth were destroyed (Don't want all of the humans dead, l have to eat something). ....
- this is "weird"
confused.gif
?? Â Remember the recent flap about the German cannibal. Please inform us if this is the definition of "weird", and these kinds of posts are allowed since "weird" is ok. Â If so, are we then allowed to spill vitriol on whatever we choose? Sincerely, T4phage
Common T4phage; you are gullible, don't take things too seriously. l like to ham things up alittle bit. Stop trying to cause trouble. Stop being sour all the time. Sweeten up son. Take a chocolate freddo frog; that'll sweeten you up son.
freddofrog.jpg
Note: my responses are in context with my avator. P.S: the world is overpopulated though. We are running out of natural resources and plantlife: maybe a tragic natural disarster is not such a bad thing. Nostrodarmous predicts these things. Nature always wipes pests out: l argue humans are the pests of the earth. We destroy everything we touch. We ruin the ocean, we ruin (put chemicals in the soil and don't compost) the soil, we destroy innocent animals homes and habitat, we eat animals, we pollute the atmosphere, we destroy everything like there's no tommorrow. lf animals destroyed the earth like we do, they would be classified as a pest and destroyed. There is nothing to be disturbed about folks, we are like a notious weed and we will destroy ourselves in a little time (50 - 70 years). The more we damage our earth, the more nature will activate disease to destroy us all. The only people that will survive are the people who have learnt to live by nature (ie: grasses, sprouts and natural foods). The more we pollute the environment, the more we destroy oxygen and the more we get Anaerobic deseases such as Cancer and Aids. Since the earths oxygen levels have fallen below 21%, Aids has been introduced (1982). At higher oxygen levels, Aids cannot exist. Mother nature has the last laugh over us brainless human beings. lt's a pity we couldn't get a clue and start up cottage industries again.
aneaboticdiseaes2.jpg

brescd01

Reaction score
Steve, Chowhound just makes offending posts disappear and this is quite effective. Two or three of my posts were "disappeared" for very subtle reasons (I mentioned a restaurant whose mention had been banned without my knowing it). You can be sure, I stopped talking about the restaurant.

F4iryder14

Reaction score
Note: my responses are in context with my avator. P.S: the world is overpopulated though. We are running out of natural resources and plantlife: maybe a tragic natural disarster is not such a bad thing. Nostrodarmous predicts these things. Nature always wipes pests out: l argue humans are the pests of the earth. We destroy everything we touch. We ruin the ocean, we ruin (put chemicals in the soil and don't compost) the soil, we destroy innocent animals homes and habitat, we eat animals, we pollute the atmosphere, we destroy everything like there's no tommorrow. lf animals destroyed the earth like we do, they would be classified as a pest and destroyed. There is nothing to be disturbed about folks, we are like a notious weed and we will destroy ourselves in a little time (50 - 70 years). The more we damage our earth, the more nature will activate disease to destroy us all. The only people that will survive are the people who have learnt to live by nature (ie: grasses, sprouts and natural foods). The more we pollute the environment, the more we destroy oxygen and the more we get Anaerobic deseases such as Cancer and Aids. Since the earths oxygen levels have fallen below 21%, Aids has been introduced (1982). At higher oxygen levels, Aids cannot exist. Mother nature has the last laugh over us brainless human beings. lt's a pity we couldn't get a clue and start up cottage industries again.
Um, yeah, dude. Â You have a death metal band logo as your avatar. Â What is the point in that? Â Don't get me wrong, I love me some brutal death metal just as much as the next guy (well, probably more... it's a very "niche" market...
wink.gif
), but I know that the meaning of your avatar combined with what you are writing has to be tripping more people out than just me.  You are acting like some all seeing prophet and bringer of great knowledge, albeit overtly negative and a very "the end is nigh-ish" tone to it also. I hope you are not condoning the killing that some, but by no means all, death metal bands advocate. What you wrote in the self image part is just downright disturbing.  Kevin P.S. - Don't mean to knock you or your tastes, but the recent Six Feet Under album "Bringer of Blood" got one of the worst reviews I have ever seen in my life.  My friend had it posted on his wall it was so funny.  Their lack of any real guttural vocals and their "NO WAR... FOR OIL" marsupialed political based vocals have killed them of much credibility in the grind/death metal arena.  You can check the lyrics for one particular song here... I mean come on. http://www.songlyricscollection.com/s....ics.htm

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S: Name calling or any kind of fighting or arguing in response to this thread is almost guaranteed to add your name to the ban list.
Stop arguing, guys.

marc37

Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc37,23 July 2004, 01:57
Note: my responses are P.S. - Don't mean to knock you or your tastes, but the recent Six Feet Under album "Bringer of Blood" got one of the worst reviews I have ever seen in my life.  My friend had it posted on his wall it was so funny.  Their lack of any real guttural vocals and their "NO WAR... FOR OIL" marsupialed political based vocals have killed them of much credibility in the grind/death metal arena.  You can check the lyrics for one particular song here... I mean come on. http://www.songlyricscollection.com/s....ics.htm
Yeah: Chris Barns has gone down hill alot sinse his Cannibal Coarpse days. l only chose the cover because it has a comical bizareness. l just wish people weren't so closed minded. People need to step outside the box and open there minds. Grim gothic talk should not scare people off. Like l said about us destroying the earth; people need to open their minds and smell the coffee. We are all so robotized we are happy to exist in ignorance. Coarpse-grinder is one of the best singers l've heard. His gutter growls and devilish screams are supperb. l don't believe in genocide: l would rather nature take care of the problem. Guess what: it is. Male sperm counts are at their lowest in history (35% of men have low sperm counts). Nature will wipe the pests out in a short time, l guarantee. We are not sufficiently evolved enough to stop it and our reproductive abilities are suffering. Hooray. People have all these kids without little regard to the food supply and the environment. l've had my vasectomy. l won't be contributing to mass breading. What happens when you put too many animals in a cage? Answer: they turn oon each other with agression. That is exactly what the human race is doing. We are more intolerant of each other more than we have ever been. As l said before; people need to think for a change. We are too caught up in materialism: too many shoes and cloths etc. People are too worried about where their next shoe is coming from rather than worrying about the consequences of materialism. Why not give our shoe money to better causes? We are too busy helping ourselves rather than trying to solve world peace, environmental problems etc. As my brilliant girlfriend has said: it is hard to respect the materialistic masses (who have 20 pairs of shoes etc) when people are starving, and there are more important things to worry about. l am not perfect but at least l am honest enough to realize this. At least l don't try to hide behind the word GENTLEMAN. l think a real gentleman would try to help the world rather than thinking what he can get from it. We must give, give and give some more. l don't hate the masses; l just have no respect for them, that's all. This is because people don't think about the consequences of their actions. l talk to individuals on this forum with decency though. l am not a bad guy, just a thinking guy. l have heaps of friends in the flesh. They actually respect me for my extensive thinking on issues. People can criticize me all they like, l have no time for people who have unthoughtout and feeble opinions. lf people can make a good argument, l will respond intelligently, if not, l will simply laugh at them. l aqm not afraid to be wrong. l freely admit my faults. l am on this planet to learn.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We must give, give and give some more.

l don't hate the masses; l just have no respect for them, that's all.

so, to which people should we give, then. you want to give all your so-called surplus money to people for whom you have no respect? why on earth? who exactly are the unrespectable 'masses', and who are not? i suppose you want to be the one who decides for the rest of us?

as for me, i give what 'extra' money i have to the people i respect most - my family, friends, and me. in my opinion they are the ones who deserve it the most.

people in large part are responsible for their own lot. there are exceptions. but poverty does not arise from a lack of charity.

i think it's time this thread was closed down; the amount of on-topic posts has dwindled to life-threatening levels, just like the oxygen in our atmosphere.

/andrew - holding his breath...

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With respect to the foregoing exchange....

Like J said, "wierd is OK." Corpse grinder????? OK, I guess even I will admit to blasting out my basement speakers when the wife's away with my old AC/DC Back in Black (Hell's Bells) and Van Halen I CDs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads