• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread

User888

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having my eyes on the Gatsby with commando sole. I would have preferred them as a boot but I don't want to pay the extra €100 for an MTO as it's more of a playful pair than a serious one. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this particular pair and see how it looks, if its a bit clownish or it works as a shoe.

7L.PNG

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having my eyes on the Gatsby with commando sole. I would have preferred them as a boot but I don't want to pay the extra €100 for an MTO as it's more of a playful pair than a serious one. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this particular pair and see how it looks, if its a bit clownish or it works as a shoe.

View attachment 1662817
I think it looks nice

Adhazem

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for sizing recommendations. I wear 11E US and 10G from TLB. With standard width brands I have to do 10.5 UK and 11.5 US. I wrote to 7L and they said based on my foot length of 28.4cm they recommend size 9 which sounds like crazy talk. They do have thin and wide lasts as well. I guess I’m looking for some guidance from SF community.
Obviously I can do the responsible thing and order a non patina shoe to see how it fits! They have a neat double monk boot in green suede that looks nice.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet are 28cm and I take 9 UK standard width in most brands including SL. In the derby I have I might’ve been able to size down but in the chukka boots definitely not.

Adhazem

Reaction score
My feet are 28cm and I take 9 UK standard width in most brands including SL. In the derby I have I might’ve been able to size down but in the chukka boots definitely not.

Thanks for feedback. If it’s really true to size like other brands I think I’m gonna need at least a size 10UK. I’m gonna order this boot. If it’s a bad fit at least I can send it back. Next shoe will be patina hopefully.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback. If it’s really true to size like other brands I think I’m gonna need at least a size 10UK. I’m gonna order this boot. If it’s a bad fit at least I can send it back. Next shoe will be patina hopefully.

Sounds Like the right approach. I definitely don’t see you fitting in a UK 9 honestly

Adhazem

Reaction score
Sounds Like the right approach. I definitely don’t see you fitting in a UK 9 honestly

I’m glad I didn’t go with customer service recommendations. Those 10UK feel adequately snug. No way on earth I’d have fit in 9. Happy with the boots. They feel well made and very nice to walk in
9E50EC81-38AD-4370-B2A5-E225C5306B11.jpeg
02CA8D2A-BE52-4B95-B4D9-DD06519A950A.jpeg

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Nicodeme loafer? I've been eyeing it off after seeing it on the Nordic Fit blog. It is a very European loafer, reminiscent of this kind of energy: https://www.permanentstyle.com/2021/05/what-is-french-ivy.html

I'd love any guidance around sizing - according to the guide on the website, I should go the same size as C&J (341, 348) or half a size down from Carmina (Rain, Simpson).

My other question is a little vaguer: how stiff and heavy are 7L shoes? I had been looking at loafer from the other two brands that I wear, but C&Js Sydney weighs a ton, whereas Carmina are a little too continental (a bit of Gucci energy).

Adhazem

Reaction score
Nice boots, can you share comments? I am pondering buying a pair of 7L.

Regards

Hi Juan Manuel,

it’s wild but I happen to be wearing this pair tonight and I have a very big rotation so I thought that was a good coincidence.

2554B91E-BD4B-4F80-BF0D-3EC7649087BB.jpeg

Overall very happy with them. Good quality suede. Well built boot. The vibram commando sole is great in bad weather. The sizing recommendations from them would not have suited me at all.

In essence they have wide lasts and narrow lasts. This boot is on a wide last and fits me great at 10 UK. For reference I’m an 11 D verging on E US on Brannock. Do you have any specific questions or were you looking for a general feedback?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Juan Manuel,

it’s wild but I happen to be wearing this pair tonight and I have a very big rotation so I thought that was a good coincidence.

View attachment 1874191
Overall very happy with them. Good quality suede. Well built boot. The vibram commando sole is great in bad weather. The sizing recommendations from them would not have suited me at all.

In essence they have wide lasts and narrow lasts. This boot is on a wide last and fits me great at 10 UK. For reference I’m an 11 D verging on E US on Brannock. Do you have any specific questions or were you looking for a general feedback?

Hello, I am 10.5UK in most English brands, my feet are beefy due to running, lasts with vertical space suit me very well. I believe that the same size will fit me.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Hello, I am 10.5UK in most English brands, my feet are beefy due to running, lasts with vertical space suit me very well. I believe that the same size will fit me.

Ok sounds like my feet. I think if you stick true to size 10.5 UK (on their wide lasts) you will be fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads