1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Nov 5, 2008.

1. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Are those Redwing GTs on the model?
    The crotch reinforcement looks great, are there visible threads on the outside?

If you look VERY close you'll see some dark stitch, but you'd really have to be looking for it to see it..

2. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Is it cotton or poly stitching?

It's cotton stitch thread, but the gauge is extremely thick, it's quite hard to break..

3. blank

blank Well-Known Member

Awesome jeans. Wonderful job.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i love this pair of jeans. Sc is not for me but i sure can appreciate their work into their stuff

5. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I will have the jeans as well. I hope they arrive in time for my grand opening.

6. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Atsui will have them as well, just waiting for the shipment to arrive which is any day now.

7. onion

onion Well-Known Member

The amount of neps on Sugarcane denim is insane! I'm in awe of them every time someone posts a new picture.... I don't think I've seen more neps on another pair of jeans ever.

The cut and details to this also look cool. I'd like to get a pair, but I've already got way too many jeans as it is. Great work though.

8. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

This could possibly be my next big denim purchase! between these and Flathead f380s..

9. blake

blake Well-Known Member

you can come see them in person at my shop as well. should be in the next couple of days.......

10. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

does unsanforized = better wear?

11. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^ No not at all.

12. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

i guess thats where the "confusion" part of the motto comes in then..

oh but also, they look like great jeans [​IMG]

13. John Stevenson

John Stevenson Well-Known Member

I think the jeans look fantastic. The details are superb. However, I've yet to see any impressive examples of this slack denim worn in. The fading appears to be very mild and rather uninteresting.

14. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

I think the jeans look fantastic. The details are superb. However, I've yet to see any impressive examples of this slack denim worn in. The fading appears to be very mild and rather uninteresting.

That could not be any further from the truth.. these jeans look insane worn in..
    The pair i wore every day for six months ended up looking really nice..
    Check em:
    http://skidknee.net/blog/blog/fashio...s-"”-6-months

Keep in mind they were washed every two weeks, and 99% of people wouldn't be washing them nearly as often.

15. John Stevenson

John Stevenson Well-Known Member

I'd definitely love to see a pair with a more contrasted fade. Don't get me wrong, your pair looks great and the denim has a lot of character, but its not exactly what I'd be going for with them.

Any details on the quantities produced of this jean? I must say that I'm a little surprised to see that other retailers will be carrying this model as well. It this one time arrangement, or will all subsequent collaborations have multiple retailers as well?

16. sidney

sidney Well-Known Member

Toyo conglomerate likes to sell their deminz to multiple retailers, as with the last Sugar Cane collabos (SEXSC02).

17. sidney

sidney Well-Known Member

I'd definitely love to see a pair with a more contrasted fade. Don't get me wrong, your pair looks great and the denim has a lot of character, but its not exactly what I'd be going for with them.

The 40601 (a relaxed straight leg) is the only pair of jeans that used this denim (save for the ultra expensive reproduction hand loomed jeans), and the SEXSC06 will be the first modern cut using this slack denim.

18. Arache

Arache Member

To buy or not to buy.... the 39" inseam is bugging me. I would hate to lost the chain stitch, but I don't have experience with how much they will shrink to have it hemmed before shipped to me.

19. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

They are going to shrink to 36 inches. I'll be keeping these at full lenth, and cuffing. I hope to be wearing these a week from now.

20. blake

blake Well-Known Member

normally it is 2 in in the waist and 3 in the length.