1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Nov 5, 2008.

1. gforce

gforce Well-Known Member

normally it is 2 in in the waist and 3 in the length.
    normally..................? for this denim? I don't believe I've ever had jeans shrink that much in the waist. Kiya????

2. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

Kiya says it'll shrink 1.25" in the waist but it will also stretch back about an inch in the first month, and probably even a little more after that so you will get much of the room in the waist back.

3. sidney

sidney Well-Known Member

To buy or not to buy.... the 39" inseam is bugging me. I would hate to lost the chain stitch, but I don't have experience with how much they will shrink to have it hemmed before shipped to me.

Give yourself 2-3" extra to account for the shrinkage when you ask for a chain stitched hem from Self Edge.

Kiya says it'll shrink 1.25" in the waist but it will also stretch back about an inch in the first month, and probably even a little more after that so you will get much of the room in the waist back.

It keeps shrinking each time, it's a very flexible denim. Anywhere from 1-1.5" in the waist and 2-3" on the inseam depending on how you soak them.

4. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

To buy or not to buy.... the 39" inseam is bugging me. I would hate to lost the chain stitch, but I don't have experience with how much they will shrink to have it hemmed before shipped to me.

Exact shrinking info is found on the product page:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=374

5. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

How many of each size were made, including the ones being sold through other retailers? I want to get an idea of how limited these really are.

6. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

How would you suggest sizing these? True to size to account for the waist stretching back out? Or +1?

7. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

How would you suggest sizing these? True to size to account for the waist stretching back out? Or +1?

Size up one..

8. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Whoa, since when is ~11" a low/medium rise? That's quite healthy there. How much would the rise shrink when washed? 5%?

9. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Whoa, since when is ~11" a low/medium rise? That's quite healthy there. How much would the rise shrink when washed? 5%?

Rise will shrink about .6"...

10. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

How many of each size were made, including the ones being sold through other retailers? I want to get an idea of how limited these really are.

I've heard about 350 but don't quote me on it.

As for sizing, I wouldn't size up due to the stretchyness of the denim. If they're anything like my pbj's they'll keep streeetching and streeetching. I'd size down 1 if it were me.

11. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

Those look sooooo sexy... great details... and gotta love the crotch reinforcement... wish i had money to invest... [​IMG]

12. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I've heard about 350 but don't quote me on it.

As for sizing, I wouldn't size up due to the stretchyness of the denim. If they're anything like my pbj's they'll keep streeetching and streeetching. I'd size down 1 if it were me.

I dunno, I kinda like a slouchy top block too.

13. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

size down one (true to size waist fit since they're vanity sized +1") might be what you want for the "SF" fit. You won't have a problem as long as you put them back on while wet. My LVC's were unsanfordized, I bought a 31" waist (usually would size down one inch in regular raw denim to a 30") and the waist fit tight at first, but is now just fine. Sizing up will probably make you not very happy a month down the road, I know I would have been.

14. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Fantastic denim. If these are the same cut as the SExSC02, I can give a little sizing info: My SExSC02 in size 31 are looser than my Flathead 3001 in 31, but tighter than my Iron Heart 634S in size 30.

15. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

Just curious....It is said that these are ideal for warmer climates due to the breathability of the denim...Does that mean they are not ideal for a typical northeast winter (20 degrees and below)?

16. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

There were a total of 250 pairs of this jean produced, with about 180 going to Self Edge...

17. blake

blake Well-Known Member

were getting about 30 ourselves.

18. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Johnny You stay in doors most of the time girlfriend

I am getting about 30 pair to I think. Mine will be here in time for my party tomorrow according to History Preservation. Not promsing anything thou. UPS can be shady sometimes.

19. kit99bar

kit99bar Well-Known Member

180 + 30 + 30 leaves only 10 jeans for other shops [​IMG]

20. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

180 + 30 + 30 leaves only 10 jeans for other shops [​IMG]

I actually think Self Edge is getting closer to 160 pairs...