• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Superior SSA005K1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Reaction score
$250 Paypaled and shipped (within CONUSA, others please inquire). The description below was for Grailed, I'm sure most people here are more knowledgeable than I am, but this was meant for a different audience. Please bear with me. :)

//begin Grailed description:

A beautiful automatic watch by Seiko. Almost new condition, hardly worn. The bracelet has NEVER been worn, I changed it out to the leather strap you see in the photos as soon as I got the watch. Comes with original box, all bracelet links, and all papers.

Thanks for looking, and please ask if you have any questions. Thanks! :)

Details:
Retail price is $299, there was a time you could find these for $240, but on Amazon this one sells at $408 right now. The leather strap retails for $55, for a total retail of $354 ($408+55 = $463 if you buy the watch right now).
4R37 movement,
44mm case,
22mm lug width,
13mm thickness,
Seiko's proprietary hardlex mineral crystal, which is much better than an acrylic crystal and more shatter proof than sapphire (albeit less scratch resistant),
Seiko's proprietary Lumibrite lume which is basically the same as Superluminova C3.

The watch is fitted with the 4R37 automatic movement, which is a workhorse automatic movement by Seiko. It runs really well, has a date complication, and is hacking. 21,600 bph gives the second hand a smooth rotation.

The bezel is a smooth bidirectional bezel rotation, with no stops (like you see on divers). It lets you convert between several units of measurement, eg from feet to meters.

The watch face has a date window at 4 o'clock, in line with the crown (see photos). The watch face has a really nice texture which is really hard to capture in photos but I've tried my best. It is a beautiful watch to look at! There is an additional 24h indicator dial near 12 o'clock, which tells you if you're in the AM or PM. Very helpful when setting the time and / or travel across time zones!

The watch has a display caseback through which you can see the automatic movement ticking away. Mesmerizing! :)

The bracelet is all stainless steel with folded end links. The clasp is the usual Seiko folding clasp with the snap-in protector (not sure what these are called). The watch will come with the leather strap that is pictured in the photos, which is a Hirsch Liberty in gold brown, worth $55: http://www.hirschstraps.com/collect...hirsch-liberty-leather-watch-strap-gold-brown

I think the Hirsch Liberty is a PERFECT complement to this watch.

The only reason I'm selling this watch is that it's slightly big for my tiny 6" wrists. The lug-to-lug distance is actually not that much and it makes it wearable, but my preference has gone to watches less than 40mm in diameter. I'd say if your wrist is bigger than 6.5" around (circumference) then this would look right at home.

I've hardly ever worn this watch, really, it's in like new condition, and needs a better home.

Any questions, please ask.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6367.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6368.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6371.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6373.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6374.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads