• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Maquis

Reaction score

If you guys are wanting a lovely Christmas candle, you should get the Noel - it's the best evergreen holiday candle available, in my opinion.

I was looking for a nice winter candle and found a Dyptique holiday coffret that I think works well. The three fragrances—Opoponax, Oliban, and Feu de Bois—work well individually, of course, but I was surprised at how well all three work together. Beautiful, sweetly resinous, and smoky.

I'm still looking for a nice holiday candle with a piney scent, so I'll check out the Annick Goutal—Thanks.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-shower: CdG Red Rose. This, along with Caraceni 1913, is one of my biggest rose disappointments.
SOTD: Bijou Romantique

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I also have been wearing PoaL for the last couple of days. There's a dryness to it that I find very pleasant; I guess it's part of the patchouli but I find that it actually makes the scent very masculine. Or very clean, at least. I shared it with a couple of (female) friends and they all fell in love with it as well; I've been bombarded with text messages asking me where the hell they can get it for less than 300$.

To answer my own question from a couple of days ago - it was clear and cold today again and I wore ambre russe and have really enjoyed it. The vodka note is oddly comforting (and, to my nose, really really alcoholic), and there's something that comes off (to me) as very ripe plums. Basenotes has "Russian Tea" listed as one of the notes, so maybe that's it, but it's an almost prune-like scent. It's very warm and boozy (which is, I think, how another member described it). I'm not sure I can identify the leather, and I also don't get anything overtly "feminine" from it - something I would say about a lot of the scents I have tried recently, most of which have been marketed as "feminine" scents. It's all just, like, a state of mind, dude.

To whoever recommended i (l'inc?)t: I actually have a tiny decant of De Bachmakov that I've been returning to over the last month or two, and I don't think I love it. It really smells strongly of coriander to me, and not much else, which sort of just makes me think of body odor - on me, at least.

Rambo, I'm not sure what a pile of ***** smells like. I was thinking more like leaves. Or roses with frost on them. You know, poetic-like.

Oh, and speaking of Ropion/Malle, I have also really been loving une fleur de Cassie! It seems to have a similar dryness to PoaL; almost chalky. I dig.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past few days: Oud 27, Dzongkha, French Lover, No. 19.

Maquis

Reaction score
SOTD: Cartier Declaration.

So, after work I headed over to Aedes to check out Portrait of a Lady. Wow, this is really beautiful juice. I'm pretty much a rose virgin, but the rose in this is a little dark and a little dirty, with a big patchouli kick that keeps it in perfect balance. I got fruits, but nothing too sweet, just a well-balanced composition that kept calling to me all evening...

I scored a sample, so I'll be wearing this fully at some time in the future to really get the whole effect.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm glad to see everyone trying Portrait of a Lady lately! I think anyone who loves fragrance has to try it.

I've switched into Jicky edt for the evening. I've gotten accustomed to wearing Ungaro II when I wanted that kind of vibe, but Jicky really is in a class by itself, IMO.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, an unusually warm day, even for Texas. Went with Etro Shaal Nur: a dry incense / vetiver / vanilla

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads