• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Givenchy Blue Label...

i need new cologne...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Caron Yatagan. Funny how them Frenchies got a Texas sort of smell just right.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Wow, you definitely like "robust" scents, eh? Yatagan is a classic and I'm glad you love it; I could never make it work, but I find it brilliant as a scent.

You ought to try Diptyque's L'autre, while you are at it. It's like Yatagan extreme with more funk, or Yatagan-visits-a-Bombay-market. I keep trying to like it and wear it, but it's TOO "robust" for me.

If you are in the USA and want to give it a try, drop me a PM. I have a bottle I'm not using much and would love to send you a decant to try (it won't be free, seeing that a bottle runs $90+, but if you have any interest, I'll give you a good deal).

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I saw an older advertisement for Yatagan once that showed a bunch of Mongolian horsemen galloping. I guess Texas smells of horses, leather and sweat
lol8[1].gif

My wife is a big fan of Caron (and Guerlain) but none of scents seem to work for me.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday.
Lubin_Idole.jpg

Great summer scent. One word to describe it is "boozy", smells like a quality dark rum from the carribean. Unfortunately, it does not last long on the skin due to the EdT concentration.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
(...)
You ought to try Diptyque's L'autre, while you are at it. It's like Yatagan extreme with more funk, or Yatagan-visits-a-Bombay-market. I keep trying to like it and wear it, but it's TOO "robust" for me.

If you are in the USA and want to give it a try, drop me a PM. I have a bottle I'm not using much and would love to send you a decant to try (it won't be free, seeing that a bottle runs $90+, but if you have any interest, I'll give you a good deal).

I nearly burst out laughing at the basenotes reviews for that scent. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

Today is SCS Bay Rum with a Twist. It's a bit like dumping a clove-filled mojito in your shirt, but great for the hot weather. Plus, it's dirt cheep, so I can spray with abandon (which means, two sprays).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
I think I saw an older advertisement for Yatagan once that showed a bunch of Mongolian horsemen galloping. I guess Texas smells of horses, leather and sweat
lol8[1].gif

Only the good parts of Texas.
laugh.gif
I get that plus oak smoke and a bit of cedar. It's too bad they only sell it in those dinky 100 mL bottles.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another day, another scent...

Creed Neroli Sauvage. For the moments when you feel like having celery seed with your orange. It's lasted a whole five hours now which may be a record for Creed scents on me.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day, another scent...

Creed Neroli Sauvage. For the moments when you feel like having celery seed with your orange. It's lasted a whole five hours now which may be a record for Creed scents on me.

I like Neroli Sauvage, but it only lasts about 30 minutes on me. I have the same problem with most Creed scents, except my favorites, Bois du Portugal and Himalaya. Can anyone recommend a good orange scent with some longevity? John?

Last weekend, it was Bois du Portugal and for the 3 days since then, I've worn Himalaya.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
I like Neroli Sauvage, but it only lasts about 30 minutes on me. I have the same problem with most Creed scents, except my favorites, Bois du Portugal and Himalaya. Can anyone recommend a good orange scent with some longevity? John?

Last weekend, it was Bois du Portugal and for the 3 days since then, I've worn Himalaya.

Longevity is one of the biggest complaints about Creed. Though their scents can be lighter than others, they are considerably more subtle and so will often project less than some mainstream scents even though not quite disappearing. Neroli is one of these for me; it loses its initial projection but it actually lasts a long time before disappearing (you just lose the initial blast of Neroli). Nevertheless, for $180 a bottle, it does seem to go away too quickly.

As well, your skin chemistry may play a part. I use a non-scented body cream every night (or morning) after showering and it has really helped as dry skin really effects longveity. Bois de Cedrat, Neroli Sauvage, and Royal Water seem especially fleeting, but I can get them to hang around a little longer thanks to well-moisturized skin. Erolfa, Silver Mountain Water, Tabarome, Himalaya, and especially Aubepine Acacia (one of Creed's best citrus, albeit relatively unknown) all last really well on me regardless.

My favorite orange scent is Malle Bigarade Concentree. I find it has excellent longevity and a really unique scent. Hermes eau d'orange Verte is an orange classic, but regardless of what you do to prepare your skin, it lasts about 10 minutes and then disappears.

Depending on how bitter you like your oranges, Bond no. 9 Little Italy is REALLY orangey and has amazing lasting power. I can spray it in the morning and run a marathon and by evening I'm still smelling it on me. Bond has its lovers and its haters, but few complain about longevity. I'm not really a fan of Little Italy, it's "bitter citrus" is almost acrid, but it still is sort of interesting, especially if you live in a really hot climate.

Laffertron

Reaction score
The 2 guys I noticed that mentioned Creed Himalaya are right on the money. It's expensive but by God it smells great. It makes me want to put on my leather gloves and racing goggles and go cruising through the mountains in a British racing green MGA. I've also got Tabarome Millesime which is a great one for cold winter days, it is a lot more masculine with its tobacco and leather fragrance, but definitely avoid it for hot days.

Wanna get laid at a sweaty club? Angel for Men by Thierry Mugler. Smells like chocolate, you will score no worries.

Paul Smith's Story is a daily I wear to the office, it projects a quiet, non-aggressive confidence.

I tried out the new Hermes the other day, another hit I think, the fiancee loved it. Also Joop! Go (the purple one is totally crap but this one is actually ok).

Fcuk homme is a good one for hot days, smells absolutely awful when you put it on but give it half an hour and it has a decent drydown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads