• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1631335021099.jpeg

zzheng002

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is this? Is it Santoni Fatte A Mano line or Santoni Limited Edition line? The print on insole is confusing. Many thx

Attachments

• EC27526A-85FD-4255-9040-7129D959F39E.jpeg
    EC27526A-85FD-4255-9040-7129D959F39E.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 72C22653-145A-44C4-8782-1DF7475F5801.jpeg
    72C22653-145A-44C4-8782-1DF7475F5801.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 123
  • FAD3F048-5524-440F-BF82-3BEDC6AE5D58.jpeg
    FAD3F048-5524-440F-BF82-3BEDC6AE5D58.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 145

The Dirty Pigeon

Reaction score
There’s a lovely black cap toe Oxford model called “Isaac” available from department stores like Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdale’s that I’m interested in. The sole says “Goodyear” but some photos I’ve seen online have the orange/black FAM writing in the sock. It’s available in patent black, brown and something called “Nero” which looks like basic black calf. In some of the product descriptions, the Nero upper is described as “smooth leather” or “smooth calf”. The price of around $1k would make me think the upper leather is a-ok but lately I’ve made some mistakes with odd corrected grain or treated leathers and I don’t want to blow it again. Is anyone familiar with the quality of this shoe, the upper leather and if it’s a safe buy?

Attachments

• 0C167FA6-79CE-49B5-B28C-6AD67BD0776B.jpeg
    0C167FA6-79CE-49B5-B28C-6AD67BD0776B.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 1F105DFA-136A-4087-BA47-9B80048B2E3B.png
    1F105DFA-136A-4087-BA47-9B80048B2E3B.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Beach Bum

Reaction score
There’s a lovely black cap toe Oxford model called “Isaac” available from department stores like Nordstrom, Saks, Bloomingdale’s that I’m interested in. The sole says “Goodyear” but some photos I’ve seen online have the orange/black FAM writing in the sock. It’s available in patent black, brown and something called “Nero” which looks like basic black calf. In some of the product descriptions, the Nero upper is described as “smooth leather” or “smooth calf”. The price of around $1k would make me think the upper leather is a-ok but lately I’ve made some mistakes with odd corrected grain or treated leathers and I don’t want to blow it again. Is anyone familiar with the quality of this shoe, the upper leather and if it’s a safe buy?

Nice shoe. Looks like they have a grey as well on mensdesignershoe dot com.

It says goodyear, so that's why it's like $300+ more than if it was blake rapid. Great looking shoe.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Santoni’s Goodyear stuff is not bad. Sizing can be weird on them and doesn’t line up with their more commonly available stuff that’s FAM or their regular line so I’d consider buying from somewhere you can make a return if you can. They’re fairly substantial feeling and have some heft to them compared to some others.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
X-post from boots, but figure give this thread some love and some life. Santoni lugs, just some solid, solid boots.
qmjY8Vm.jpg

hzu24vH.jpg

frostbitten

Reaction score
I bought some beige Santoni oxfords off ebay for ~£50. They're in great condition other than some marks on the left shoe, they look a bit like stretch marks. Any ideas on how to fix them? I've given them my best at polishing.

Beige is an odd colour, I was considering darkening them (tan maybe?) but it's grown on me. It's not very flexible though, they might be limited to just wearing in summer with linen trousers, unless you guys have any other ideas on how to dress them down?

Here's the full album:

bmartin

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm in the right place.
I bought theses pairs of Santoni.

I didn't see this kind of assembly.
There are supposed to be goodyear welted but there is no stitch (welt or sole).

Anybody have already seen that? Is it possible?

Aly.B

Reaction score
Just received these Santoni Isaac goodyear cap-toe oxfords. Was wondering how does the fit look. Sizing of their GY line definitely runs big and sizing down is a must even for people with wide feet. I wear a size 44.5 Wide in Vass on their F last and I had to size down to US 10.5 in these Santoni’s. These are definitely generous in fit. I have about 0.5” - 0.75” room in the toebox, can comfortably wiggle my toes with the shoes laced up, and there is very minimal heel slippage which I believe is normal for brand new leather dress shoes. These have some v-gap in the lacing which should decrease with use and these crease right before the cap-toe starts which I believe is the correct spot for creasing.

Quality of leather is excellent and what I like about Santoni’s is that they have some weight to the shoes like Vass. I don’t like welted shoes that are too light.

Fact: Another thing I noticed about these since these are one of their latest models is that their GY line shoes don’t necessarily come with dark brown/black insoles any more. Mines have their signature orange insoles with Good Year engraved on them and the outsoles as well. 1FC5C77B-F423-4021-B589-4A77B24F9402.jpeg 2042FABA-9E30-4B1B-BF35-533AC44D3035.jpeg 35BDAD1B-B632-4D86-A094-DEB1CC479C1A.jpeg

Attachments

• C5EFE994-B7EE-4ED2-BEBD-9C759E8BABBD.jpeg
    C5EFE994-B7EE-4ED2-BEBD-9C759E8BABBD.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 35

Aly.B

Reaction score
I can vouch for their quality - these are very well made and definitely Santoni’s top quality! I just got these in brown and they feel very good on the feet! Leather quality and construction is top notch!

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel Santoni's top tier is very unappreciated. I think they're right up there with Lobb, G&G, Ed Green, St Crispin.......

They are better quality than Lobb, G&G, Ed Green, St Crispin.
They may not be liked because many of the Santoni can be off in design and last shape.
However some Santoni can be pure perfection in design.
Me like many of your Santoni.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads