• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cloonz

Reaction score

Remember people were talking about Acne jeans a few pages back so figured I'd share my experience. I was in the Acne Archive outlet store today and tried some Ace "eighties black" washed jeans. Ended up going two sizes down from my D02 size, because they didn't have the next size down. These were 95% cotton, 4% elastane and 1% polyester. They're still not quite as tight through the leg as my D02s, especially my FW15 midwaist raws, but they're still pretty tight. Nice denim too, and made in Italy. I'd still go for the SLP, given the choice, but these aren't a bad option either.

I got them primarily because I couldn't find the gray washed D02s, and I got a really great deal on them.

My acne aces just don't fit me right compared to d02s, I think they are too loose in the thigh and then taper too much compared to sl.

I've been doing only black for a while but just took the plunge on 3 blue washes and 1 pair of white denim from this season.

Gabujabu

Reaction score
I thought this might be relevant to people in the US. Obama recently signed a law that increased the amount that people can import in a given day without paying a customs fee from $200 to $800 as of 3/10/16. What is funny is that the $200 limit had not changed since the Tariff Act of 1930. The United States prices for many Saint Laurent items are 30% greater than they are in Europe because the price difference is based upon the 2013 dollar:euro conversion rate. I think this is the reason why Matchesfashion lowered the prices of many of its goods for US customers.

Isolar

Reaction score

My acne aces just don't fit me right compared to d02s, I think they are too loose in the thigh and then taper too much compared to sl.

I've been doing only black for a while but just took the plunge on 3 blue washes and 1 pair of white denim from this season.

I can see that. I think I may have gotten lucky with these. I don't have a ton of experience with Acne otherwise, but this pair fits me better than any other Acne pair I've tried. Maybe because I sized down considerably. I'll be sticking with SL regardless, but it's nice to have some washed gray denim in the rotation.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I came across these Enzo Bonafé in Reddit, and I think they look great. When I saw that some people were trying to do an Enzo GMTO that resembled SLP aesthetic I thought it wouldn't capture the sleek look of SLP boots but I now think I was wrong.

I think they look great and they're cheaper and much better made than SLPs (hand welt vs. blake stitched with fake welt in the SLP). Less than $600 for non-EU customers with VAT deducted.

Reddit link which has also a link to the imgur album with more pics:

https://www.reddit.com/r/goodyearwe...onafe_janus_sand_jodhpur_initial_impressions/

Last edited:

echau

Reaction score
Happy Easter!

OakGhost

Reaction score
@echau denim looks great. @victoorious boots are flawless!!!

I'll have a few new items to post up this week!

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The disick jeans aren't slp. I believe they are kusubi (or whatever that brand is)

Picking up the cowboy Wyatt tomorrow. I actually really liked the suede color this season. Not sure why people are all over the cut. I been wanted the cowboy suede for a bit and glad I held out. Like the slightly different opening and the big zipper

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads