• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Thanks! I really loved that blazer. Nah, I didn't pick anything up this round sadly, I would have picked up the red/black biker if I hadn't just spent like 5-6k on the red teddy and stud biker. Such is life

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
@echau ya heading in today to pay. @therattler my associate got most of the buy lists. Everything is crazy ass limited. There appears to be a murdered out calf Wyatt with black hardware and black chain as well. Looks dope but I need some black suede!

@KVAEIOU pink LE Smoking Looks awesome on ya. Ya, that's why I don't read reviews or comments on hype style forums etc because if people are making their judgments on SL products based solely on pics then there is no chance of getting it. In person so many of the pieces are better when you see the detail,feel the materials and see how brilliant they layer and mix with other season. Hope you post some pics of the studded.

Last edited:

chipskylurk

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the women's denim? I'm kind of interested in them for the elastane content, but am concerned about the fit. There's a Grailed seller saying the women's D01 fits like the men's D02, but I don't want to trust one seller's word.

Normally, I'd just go try them on at my store, but my show opens tomorrow so I won't be able to do much for the next 2 weeks.

dieseltheory

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the women's denim? I'm kind of interested in them for the elastane content, but am concerned about the fit. There's a Grailed seller saying the women's D01 fits like the men's D02, but I don't want to trust one seller's word.

Normally, I'd just go try them on at my store, but my show opens tomorrow so I won't be able to do much for the next 2 weeks.

hmmm....i dunno about that? i'm a 28 and I have a size 28 D01 women's sitting here at home, which was for my wife before she had our 2nd baby....now she doesnt want them as they are too big on her...anddddd my ankles BARELY go through it, never even tried and i think i burned off 100 calories trying to get the jeans off!

you can have them for real cheap if ur size etc...the jeans are barely worn if that, they're black raw 95% cotton 5% polyeur

therattler

Reaction score
@OakGhost well said. I reserve all judgment until I see the pieces, because it's often surprising how great some of the stuff is in person. though it goes the other way occasionally. did any of the clothes jump out at you from the buy book?

interesting about the number of iterations they are doing for the existing boots this season. my fingers are still crossed that i'll find a pair of the gold wyatts in a 42 before I'm forced to get a gold devon.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the bomber jackets that first came out during FW15? How do they fit tts? I'm tempted to pick one up this season.

I'm really interested in one of the black or navy ones. I really like the navy but not sure whether it would go with black jeans as well as a black one would. Also slightly put off by the fact that these style jackets are literally being worn by nearly every teenage girl I see.

Denim_Connoisseur

Reaction score
Additionally, everyone has made an iteration of this bomber this season, albeit a very cheap one (in quality and price), in every possible color and that is one of the reasons you are seeing it everywhere. Falcon Garments is offering a version (also a MTM option) of the MA-1, at a fairly decent price, and it might be worth a look for those not looking to pay for higher priced SLP version.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they're everywhere. Even at my workplace there's about 15 people wearing one. Not sure how much I care though as I really like the style and when you put it with the skinny jeans and French boots for example, they look sharp as hell and a class above what's around (although I must say I've seen some girls wear them really well). Love them with the French:

scanner

Reaction score
Anyone else get notified about Permanent Collection markdowns from SA's? Wonder if this means that the P.C. items won't remain next year.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
@kieran84 I think the navy would still look pretty nice with black jeans. As for everyone wearing bombers these days don't worry about it the SLP one is much more distinctive, it looks amazing in that picture you posted.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just preordered FW16 black suede chains Wyatts from my SA. Damn.

Last edited:

Randeep

Reaction score
^ Do these *really*, in reality, need pre-ordering? I'm kinda not buying this limited production, wouldn't they want to shift as much of this as possible? `^

Edit: happy to be proven wrong :) not so happy if I need to splurge more cash this month :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads