• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubicon (New AMC series)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great episode. The mystery is unfolding quite nicely. I just hope they can sustain it.

foma

Reaction score
So does anyone recognize the bag? WR? Or is that just a fictional briefase brand?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They finally started the connection between Will and the dead guy's wife. Of course, then they let it die off
facepalm.gif
. They just can't sustain a development through a single episode to make it riveting.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
They finally started the connection between Will and the dead guy's wife. Of course, then they let it die off
facepalm.gif
. They just can't sustain a development through a single episode to make it riveting.

I don't think anything's dying off. Each episode builds on each tidbit of story a little at a time. As far as I can remember, nothing has gone away. That connection will certainly be back.

What makes me appreciate this show is that they've gone beyond the traditional "story arc," wherein each episode usually had its own self-contained story which contributed to the overall arc. The producers of Rubicon are treating it more like a miniseries, wherein a story element may come and go, but everything will tie up at the end. Being the season is 13 episodes instead of 22, this can work here.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I don't think anything's dying off. Each episode builds on each tidbit of story a little at a time. As far as I can remember, nothing has gone away. That connection will certainly be back. What makes me appreciate this show is that they've gone beyond the traditional "story arc," wherein each episode usually had its own self-contained story which contributed to the overall arc. The producers of Rubicon are treating it more like a miniseries, wherein a story element may come and go, but everything will tie up at the end. Being the season is 13 episodes instead of 22, this can work here.
See I don't find the thread that keeps the story going to an ultimate conclusion. I get the mystery but the slow pace at which they throw out pieces of the puzzle doesn't really lend itself to continued watching. This would be much better on DVD where you could knock out all the episodes at once.

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Even though I suspect the brand is fictional, I'd be interested in identifying similar briefcases. Any ideas?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually really enjoying the series, but it's extremely slow. I can't imagine them retaining much of an audience at this pace.

Mind you, it's better than having 5 minutes of conspiracy and 40 of gunfights.

I'm always up for conspiracy/mystery shows, so I checked out Covert Affairs and Haven. My God, the leads in both these shows have the most annoying voices and personalities. Rubicons casting is so much better.

office drone

Reaction score
True....I generally like the show, but it's getting harder for me to finish each episode as the weeks go on. I don't really care about any of the characters.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the make of the Motorcycle in the series? I think it's pretty sick.

lou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
It's a shame that everyone probably tuned out after the first few mediocre episodes. It's becoming quite good.

Amc's programming is not for those who need instant rewards. I like the pacing of there shows, and if you pay attention you see that there are lots of layers they are developing. Good things take time to construct. I'm in for the ride with the show.

Maggie the secratary is hot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads