• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eq2wat.jpg

ravello wt
marcoliani cashmere argyle otc

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know, I didn't even think of these shoes as summer shoes. I was just thinking nice brown leather, but the fact that they are foafers totaly slipped my mind!
I'm glad you caught it. It must be your eastern sensabilities
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

This is the most polite thread on SF.

Yes, yes - very polite. However ... Howie - you'd profit by observing and educating yourself a bit. Don't you look at the other threads see what people are wearing? The whole point here is to move past your old mind set and take note of what you're putting on. Most of us here have improved over our pre-SF selves. :nodding:

I've seen Blue, Black, and Purple Label; what's Green Label?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Even then I think it makes you look a bit too peacocky.

I think it is ok, from time-to-time, to be a bit expressive. But when worn with suits (aside from a party) or everyday it doesn't show an understanding of coordinating pattern and colors. Anyone can wear loud clashing clothing. But there is a fine art to coordinating your apparel.

JumpinHowie

Reaction score
Yes, yes - very polite. However ... Howie - you'd profit by observing and educating yourself a bit. Don't you look at the other threads see what people are wearing? The whole point here is to move past your old mind set and take note of what you're putting on. Most of us here have improved over our pre-SF selves.
nod[1].gif

I've seen Blue, Black, and Purple Label; what's Green Label?

There has been alot of talk about the establishment in this thread. Are you the establishment?

Thanks for your opinion, and that is why I am on here to learn. Any comments I get in return only are helpful in my own personal development of my style, with influences of other people on this board.

FYI, green label is the "Lauren, Ralph Lauren" line. It is the cheapest of the labels. At one point it was given to Jones NY in a lawsuit, but RL has since purchased it back. I know they are no where near the black or purple lable level, but I purchased them becasue I liked the design and style, and they are still better than similar JosABank pants (that I know are also looked down upon for their quality here). Since being on here, the only pants I have purchased have been incotex so far. So I am learning and growing style wise, but as with any style, you need to take big risks to get big rewards.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez - I go into a meeting for the afternoon and all sorts of hell (and fun) breaks loose. :happy:

marg

Reaction score

Horribly grey weather, led to this:
8ec0d06f.jpg

A little too much, sure. But when it's -18 out and snowing, flashes of colour does wonders :):embar:

Is the lacing supposed to be this far apart? This looks OK, but I thought the lacing should be close but not touching...

JumpinHowie

Reaction score
That's great, Jumpin - please keep posting.
biggrin.gif

I know I know. I get a little out of line sometimes (... gets back in line). I know you are just trying to make this as good of a message board as it can be. I'll keep reading and learning.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the lacing supposed to be this far apart? This looks OK, but I thought the lacing should be close but not touching...

Yes - lacings that far apart are typically an indication that the shoe is too small in width. Perhpas the OP could offer more insight on what his shoe fitting experiences are.

Sometimes people have feet that just don't fit any ready to wear shoe well and must either go bespoke (expensive) or somehow make do with ready to wear fittings.

In any case - the goal with an oxford is that the lacings should all but touch when the shoe is tied.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads