• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrlol

Reaction score
i had bought couple of rm william boots.
Last one i had was rm williams comfort turnout size 10 uk, with g fitting.
tried rm williams gardener also in 10 uk with g fitting. both had the same problem as described below:
problem here was that i feelt my big toe hitting the upper leather in the toe box, or the length I'm not sure.
i tried to go up to size 10.5uk but it was to big then.

whas is your recommendation that i should do here to make the boots work?
tried cobbler without any help

for your reference i usually have size 9.5uk in capital f from loake.
10 uk from vass f that is little more narrow last.

thanks guys i really want the rm william boots....

acinod

Reaction score
Any tips on how to care for my chestnut craftsman?

I'm planning to apply some Saphir Renovateur but not sure whether to follow it up with the RM Williams Boot Polish or some Dark Brown Saphir Cream Polish (or both).

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you go to a flagship store they'll have some sizes - at least they did for me in the Sydney store

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
It's extremely hard to find f fittings in stock, generally if you do it's a fluke and you got lucky. I get my f fittings through MTO.
also I would suggest calling customer service in Australia - they can search all RMW owned stores + the outlets for the size you want. For me there was 1 (12f) in a store in sydney and another on the online store - but that was it.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm planning to apply some Saphir Renovateur but not sure whether to follow it up with the RM Williams Boot Polish or some Dark Brown Saphir Cream Polish (or both).

Renovateur is a polish stripper, so yes, you would need to apply polish or creams. People read it as a renovator, but its really a cleaner and removes polish and layers of cream.

Mrlol

Reaction score
It's extremely hard to find f fittings in stock, generally if you do it's a fluke and you got lucky. I get my f fittings through MTO.

if you go to a flagship store they'll have some sizes - at least they did for me in the Sydney store

Ok thanks guys, one more question. I tried the 10.5G which fitted me good in the length but was too wide, i had to much room in the ball area and also some heel slippage.
Would you say with your experience that the 10.5F will fit me?
Is it true that the F from RMW isn't really that narrow?

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
I've tried an F and an E. (For reference in US I am a 12.5C but can do a 13B). The E is extremely narrow and for me too "sleek" and "pointy." The F is much more like a C. I have heel slippage in the F but throw a 1/2 length insole in and it works great. I would recommend trying that on the G, before relegating to F as having to go MTO is a real pain.

Snorpley

Reaction score
Hey Mrlol,

I own the Craftsman in an F with an insole inserted. Even with that, they are wider than i would like them, though the length is fine. Unfortunately for me, F is the narrowest width in a Craftsman, but if far from something that I can call 'narrow'. I own two other pairs of RMs, both Turnouts. One is a D width (MTO) and the other is a C(!), which was a factory-second purchased at an outlet several years ago. The latter fits more like a sock... made from French Veal Calf.

With any luck the F will be alright for you, especially if you consider an insole like Jason suggested.

All the best,
S.

acinod

Reaction score
Renovateur is a polish stripper, so yes, you would need to apply polish or creams. People read it as a renovator, but its really a cleaner and removes polish and layers of cream.
Should i apply the RM Williams Shoe Polish or Saphir Dark Brown Cream Polish?

equesta

Reaction score

Like most care advice, little and often very much applies. Get a good horse hair brush and brush daily. Shoe trees are almost a must to help keep the shape especially with the single piece upper.

I have both RM and Saphir products for my chestnut craftsman. Personally unless you are going to commit to the full "presidental polish" routine (https://www.hangerproject.com/shoe-care-guide/presidential-shoe-shine-guide/) regularly and use the full range of Saphir products, I'd stick to RM cream polish and RM leather conditioner.

In fairness they're a pretty tough boot and will scrub up nicely with just a bit of TLC and you keep an eye out for wear in the soles.

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the build quality of the RM Williams Executive boot and Bronc boot when compared to Lucchese Classics boots?

equesta

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the build quality of the RM Williams Executive boot and Bronc boot when compared to Lucchese Classics boots?

I've not come across Lucchese, but having owned both Broncs and Execs they really are solidly built and can't fault their craftsmanship. They are really used as riding boots as well, and not just for fashion.

The only problem is that RM have stopped MTO orders for now so they may be difficult to get.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads