• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As a regular Bestetti bespoke customer (6 pairs), I have seen Meccariello shoes in real life now. And I must say. I am hugely impressed with Meccariello's work. I am absolutely convinced that you will re evaluate your opinion once you have seen Aurum. His Aurum line is extremely refined.

Roy good to hear your valued opinion. 6 pairs now? Pics or they don't exist! :stirpot:

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh come ive started this thread. Plenty of pics around!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Verzonden vanaf zijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk = all 6 pairs alstublieft

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've been in more talks with Riccardo...I have sent him photos of my bare feet, in thin socks, and in various brands of shoes including Crockett & Jones, G&G, and Saint Crispins and he has been advising me on the lasts.

Now it is basically up to what I want to order...and the choices are very difficult, because just about every shoe I see by him is more beautiful than the one before.

I was on his tumblr and stumbled across these beauties...I'm not a big fan of the orangish hue but the the triple stiching and the diamond brogue WOW - zoom in to see the master craftsmanship

Great choice. And anyway, you're right Bestetti of each shoe has a charm and an irresistible beauty ... so I would make all =)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but that is the problem. I cannot have them all...not yet at least...

I am thinking of ordering 4 shoes.

1 Perfetta - maybe a 2 eyelet derby...something kind of flashy
1 Almond - maybe a maverick (thinking red/burgundy with some croc/gator details)
1 Chiseled - I do not know yet. Maybe that balmoral in hatch or a chukka
1 I do not know yet...maybe he can design it for me

I saw T4's green iguana monkstraps and I am dazzled by them. I would wear those every single day with jeans.

I'm also really like Riccardo's personal gladiator in burgundy calf and burgundy croc/gator

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
T4s Iguana are awesome. After seeing them I ordered a suede/iguana Maverick with Riccardo.

T4 always comes up with great ideas, I have a hard time to not copy him sometimes :)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have settled that I am definitely getting a gladiator with chiseled toe.

Now I am debating leather colors, etc.

I like very much Riccardo's personal pair in burgundy alligator and calf. I like the kudu/shark combo. And I like Gianni's tobbaco/cognac combo.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have settled that I am definitely getting a gladiator with chiseled toe.

Now I am debating leather colors, etc.

I like very much Riccardo's personal pair in burgundy alligator and calf. I like the kudu/shark combo. And I like Gianni's tobbaco/cognac combo.

Your great choice, really. The Gladietor is really special as a model. And I'm happy to know that you like my combination that I'm making do. But also the one with the crocodile is fantastic.

I also had your own doubts but then I opted for the veal with the colors that I told you. Of course, any choice will do great!

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
opinions please :

i'm having this shoe made and like the style enough to consider a second in tan suede with lighter contrast stitching.

should I forego the gator detail at the laces

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

opinions please : i'm having this shoe made and like the style enough to consider a second in tan suede with lighter contrast stitching. should I forego the gator detail at the laces
No.... don't screw around with perfection. But not two in the same style. That would be ridiculous when you could be Gladiator for a day.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that model alot and will probably have to have it made at some point.

I'm also torn as to whether keep or lose the gator facing...

For me I think the gator makes it just a little too flashy if I wanted to wear it to work.

If I was just going to wear it on the weekends/not at work I would get it with the gator facing.

So you have to ask yourself how you intend to use the shoes...and if gator is acceptable at work

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For me I think the gator makes it just a little too flashy if I wanted to wear it to work.

If I was just going to wear it on the weekends/not at work I would get it with the gator facing.

So you have to ask yourself how you intend to use the shoes...and if gator is acceptable at work

The fact is these days no one would notice while they wear their $200 Chinese jobs.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.... don't screw around with perfection. But not two in the same style. That would be ridiculous when you could be Gladiator for a day.
you are right . . . . a different style should be considered . leaning toward a loafer of some sort thanks to you.
enuff gladiating in my life, no need to portray

oh i'm keeping the gator facing on that one I think as-is will be a good bit more subdued than the gladiator
regardless of materials choice . . . . don't have the stones for that one

The fact is these days no one would notice while they wear their $200 Chinese jobs.
EXACTLY

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members