• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Recommendations

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Atlanta:

Chops
Bones
Magiannos
Fogo de Chao
Seeger's
Abruzzi
Nava
Atlanta Fsh Market
Veni, Vidi, Vici
Pano's and Paul's
103 West
Prime
Pricci's

And lest us not forget the largest fast food place in the world: The Varsity

Come to Atlanta and enjoy, it is more than fried chicken.

Sevcom

Reaction score
And lest us not forget the largest fast food place in the world: The Varsity
The Varsity really does a number on your digestive system ...

But I agree with all your suggestions. I'd also add Brasserie Le Coze and the Woodfire Grill, which is run by one of Alice Waters' proteges.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Kai @ 21 Nov. 2004, 5:40) If you like chocolate, be sure to get the molten chocolate cake.
You know, restaurant reviewers like to blast molten chocolate cakes as being cliche and overdone, but they're still wonderful when they're made right... ... like they do at Laurier Cafe in Houston. The food is mostly Tex-ified French bistro cooking, and it is excellent. The deserts are pretty good, too.
They can be bad, when poorly done. The Flagstaff house does it very well, using extra dark, almost bitter Valharona chocolate. mmmmmmm

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, if we are going to talk sweets, wow, how about the Cheesecake Factory, now a Double Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake is to die for......truly.

If you like ice cream though, the best I have ever had is right off the square in Prague, 30 Krown, about a dollar and a half, will buy the biggest lumping of choclate-chocolate ice cream you have ever seen, and almost cause a diabetic seizure it is so sweet, even more so than the gelatos in Italy.
mmmmmmm, cannot wait to get back this summer.

Then, I think Sevcom will agree with this one, The Varsity in Atlanta, Peach Pie a La Mode with vanilla ice cream will steal your heart away, especially after 2 dogs dressed and an onion ring.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
los angeles:
i'm basing this list on food only--not counting atmosphere or service.

the apple pan: hamburgers

lares: mexican

sunnin cafe: lebanese

new beverly cinema: yes it's a movie theater--best hot dogs in l.a.

mama voula's: greek

cha cha chicken: ask for the jerk chicken enchiladas

delmonico's on pico: seafood

italian deli: bay cities imports in santa monica

anna's italian restaurant: italian comfort food, also best pizza in town.

killer shrimp: killer shrimp

i'l add more as i think of them.

Sevcom

Reaction score
Then, I think Sevcom will agree with this one, The Varsity in Atlanta, Peach Pie a La Mode with vanilla ice cream will steal your heart away, especially after 2 dogs dressed and an onion ring.
I certainly do. In fact, it's almost a necessity after wolfing down anything there.

edited for stupid grammar

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a few restaurants I'm going to post reviews for and recommend:

LA/Orange County:

Sai-Sai
21 Oceanfront
Antonello's

Las Vegas:
Lutece
Olives
Circo
Le Cirque
Lawry's
Rosewood Grill
Aureole
Prime
Picasso
Renoir
Bradley Ogden
Mon Ami Gabi

Vail:
Russell's

Paris:
L'Alsace

Vienna:
Hotel Restaurant Sacher

Bratislava:
People's Cafe

johnw86

Reaction score
For those who get stuck with a trip to Columbus (hopefully not during our gray and damp winters), the Refectory is an excellent choice.

Classic French but not done in an intimidating style. Service is outstanding, setting is an old church with exposed beams. Also a Wine Spectator award winner. (I'm taking my in-laws tonight.)

alaaro

Reaction score
I'm getting to this late in the thread, but as for DC restaurants, I don't agree with Cafe Milano. Its very overhyped, food wise. Some celebs have been seen there, so therefore its a hotspot. It has very little to hold its hat on, and I am surprised it is still so popular. People just like celeb sightings, so they go, so its popular. Really not worth it, imo.

My DC picks:
*Capital Grille (best steakhouse in town)
*TenPenh (american-asian fusion)
*Lauriole (the true south american food is very good and passed over oftentimes for the cliche tacos and fajitas)
*Old Glory (best BBQ in town)
*Ben's Chili Bowl (by no means gourmet, but famous/historical and good and greasy)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I was in D.C., (well, a little outside it), I ate in La Tiere Bouchon, in Fairfax. Small, intimate and French, with a decent but smallish wine list (merely because Aureole and Veritas have overloaded our senses). Yet I noted that the wines there were all chosen to compliment their cuisine -- you would certainly have a wine, and a good one, to go with your meal. Service was excellent; I like a French restaurant where I can speak French with the waiter. French onion soup was the way it is supposed to be, with rich oniony broth, supported by beef stock and with an elegant touch of sherry, I think. Pheasant pate with green peppercorns, small salad, and cornichions, was quite delectable. Veal chops with sauce seasoned with foi gras and morels was truly spectacular -- cooked to absolute perfection. The cheese course that followed was just the right anount, showing four selections from different ends of the cheese world, with some grapes, dried apricot and toasted baguette. Beautiful after the entree, and still paired well with the Cote du Rhone I chose for the meal. Afterwards, two glasses of a nice Sauternes preceded a trio(.) of creme brulee (rasberry, vanilla, and hazelnut) with French press coffee. $150 for two, of which the bottle was ~$40. Worth every nickel. Regards, Huntsman

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A funny thing happened on the way to a little restaurant in Florence, I met a man who owns a wonderful little pizaria next to the perfumery on the west side of the city, and he introduced me to some of the best Italian food I have ever had the pleasure, the name of this place was Tira Baralla, well he has a cousin that owns a nice little place in Georgetown, wonder where I am going I am sure, so he made a call to the US and made us a reservation to eat there, and if you are in the Georgetown area and liken yourself to some fantastic Italian cuisine, give it a try.....I Ricci...very fabulous indeed.
1220 19th St., NW
202-835-0459

Here's a few restaurants I'm going to post reviews for and recommend:

Paris:
L'Alsace
Drizz....is this the place with the retractable roof, my wife is dying to eat there, but I  am not sure of the name, or the quality of the restaurant, we have limited ourselves to just a few the many times we have been to the city, and are wanting to open our minds to some new places.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A funny thing happened on the way to a little restaurant in Florence, I met a man who owns a wonderful little pizaria next to the perfumery on the west side of the city, and he introduced me to some of the best Italian food I have ever had the pleasure, the name of this place was Tira Baralla, well he has a cousin that owns a nice little place in Georgetown, wonder where I am going I am sure, so he made a call to the US and made us a reservation to eat there, and if you are in the Georgetown area and liken yourself to some fantastic Italian cuisine, give it a try.....I Ricci...very fabulous indeed.
1220 19th St., NW
202-835-0459
That is a good restaurant, but the area would more accurately be described as south of Dupont Circle.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nightowl,

L'Alsace is not the place you are thinking of, is that Georges?

L'Alsace is a nice little Alsace restaurant on the Champs D' Elysses a few blocks from Fouquets... quite tasty.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nightowl,

L'Alsace is not the place you are thinking of, is that Georges?

L'Alsace is a nice little Alsace restaurant on the Champs D' Elysses a few blocks from Fouquets... quite tasty.
I am sure we will find it, sounds like a nice restaurant, will do some background checking, know the area well where you are talking about, Pizza Pino's is down the street, and I have said before, a must is the ice cream there.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a good restaurant, but the area would more accurately be described as south of Dupont Circle.
Yes, but you mention Dupont and all of the crap around there, and a lot of people do not want to go there at night, especially onthe Metro if a tourist, correct?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads