• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Relative Slimness in Denim

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i'm supposed to be impressed? are you kva's personal butt flosser?

you're still wrong about the sizing whatever you may say.

Riiight...I didn't say what I did and you are already making assumptions...

thanks pg2g, but i'm far too busy flaming the president of dior over here to go home any measure my jeans thighs.

He just proved you wrong idiot. Dior is slim regardless of sizing.

I'm done with this fool.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well i'm not done, shopgirl!

gmku

Reaction score
IIn keeping with the OP:
I'd vote to put Levis 511s, currently my favorite, around 3 or 4 (?).

Studio27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mimesis
This could be a useful thread. Edit: I think slimness is best looked at from a point of view of: how the widths of the different parts of the jean relate to each other. This ratio would obviously change slightly as you size up or down, and as you stretch certain parts of the jeans during wear. But what we're focusing on is the major changes in ratio when switching jean fits. Unfortunately I don't own any of these or have experience with what is considered slim, but I'm sure those in the know could rate jeans slimness by looking at different pairs on same size mannequins. What would be nice would be to see jeans sized up and sized down on same sized mannequins, to determine exactly how sizing up/down changes silhouette.
This was more along the lines I was going for. A lot of people, myself included, want to know how jean x compares to jean y etc. I just thought it would be nice to have a resource that answers a lot of those questions (like shoe's just now). Let's try and keep the flames down though if we could.

gmku

Reaction score
So what does the list look like so far? I'm interested in seeing how this shapes up, myself.

Studio27

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep the list is updated on the first page. I don't own any NSs or Diors though (they'd be too slim for me I think), so I'm not sure where to put them. For those that do, feel free to thrown a number down. We can discuss it and move accordingly. I'd rather discussion move based on something like that than grammar
confused.gif

mimesis

Reaction score
apcmeasurements.jpg
27: [Waist:Thigh 2.7:1] [Thigh:Knee 1.4:1] 28: [W:T 2.8:1] [T:K 1.38:1] 29: [W:T 2.75:1] [T:K 1.4:1] 30: [W:T 2.78:1] [T:K 1.39:1] (I didn't do knee
redface.gif
pening) but maybe we can compare jeans with ratios like these (and maybe there is a better way to do the ratio to get more applicable figures?)

modagg

Reaction score
i love blackplanto; hes like our own angry black guy that is on every season of the real world.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
blackplanto can't spell. or verbally spar. i'm going to hem him to 15cm!

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blackplanto can't spell. or verbally spar. i'm going to hem him to 15cm!

Just because I don't want to waste my time with an idiot who has nothing better to do doesn't mean I can't pwn you...again.

Take your loss and run. You already look like a dick for bragging about having 5 pairs of diors like somebody gives a **** and resorting to the "you can't spell" defense.

What you should do is shut the **** up and stop ******* up the OP's thread. He is trying to provide a resource that, even though it has been attempted before, could still be useful.

Originally Posted by modagg
i love blackplanto; hes like our own angry black guy that is on every season of the real world.

Not black or angry. Please try again.

BTW. edit your post before thekunk starts bitching about your spelling.

morse9443

Reaction score
Easy guys. This is all about preference/what can you fit in to? I fit fine into my size 34 S0500's, but can't come close to getting into the size 34 SDA 103's I just got from Japan. Sizing advice on SUFU did nothing to helping me realize this. WTF. Trial and error reins supreme... (anyone want these?...I can't post in the FS thread for some reason...brand new, never soaked/washed)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Just because I don't want to waste my time with an idiot who has nothing better to do doesn't mean I can't pwn you...again.

Take your loss and run. You already look like a dick for bragging about having 5 pairs of diors like somebody gives a **** and resorting to the "you can't spell" defense.

What you should do is shut the **** up and stop ******* up the OP's thread. He is trying to provide a resource that, even though it has been attempted before, could still be useful.

Not black or angry. Please try again.

BTW. edit your post before thekunk starts bitching about your spelling.

if you would shut up, we could move on. i'm not sure how I lost and I think you should stick to selling armwarmers. but thank you for taking the time to spell correctly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads