• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Ge Fuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhoo04
Red Wings are 15% off at papashoe.com, use this code, SALEOFF15. I do not think you will find them for cheaper (free U.S. shipping as well).

thats awesome about $180 for GTs? I paid $240 like 2.5 years ago...

57JoeFoMoPar

Reaction score
Red Wings are 15% off at papashoe.com, use this code, SALEOFF15. I do not think you will find them for cheaper (free U.S. shipping as well).

Much thanks man. I just bought a pair of Iron Rangers for $168. I'm honestly still in shock

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 57JoeFoMoPar
Much thanks man. I just bought a pair of Iron Rangers for $168. I'm honestly still in shock

Woot! Me too. I ordered them from Piperlime the other night for $270 + tax. They'll be here Monday and are going straight back. That's a massive savings.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pleasure! I bought the black six holes for something like $145...crazy good.

I have to thank you as well.
worship.gif

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Lawrencemd, thanks for the comparison. It's not as prominent as it looks on the stock photo so that's good. It looked like a plastic strip that ran around like on a pair of longwings.

jhoo04, where did you find out that discount code? Do they email them out (for future reference)?

Also, those brown Iron Rangers, is that a smooth or oiled leather (wondering if it can be polished)?

SirLurksAlot

Reaction score

Thank you sir!
cheers.gif

jhoo04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
Lawrencemd, thanks for the comparison. It's not as prominent as it looks on the stock photo so that's good. It looked like a plastic strip that ran around like on a pair of longwings.

jhoo04, where did you find out that discount code? Do they email them out (for future reference)?

Also, those brown Iron Rangers, is that a smooth or oiled leather (wondering if it can be polished)?

wannabeagiant...I purchased a pair from them about a month ago and just by signing up for their newsletter you get 10% off. After that, all future codes were emailed, this was just TOO good to pass up.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I where laughing that Red Wing Boots are back in style. Remember them from when we where kids. I'm actually thinking about picking up a pair again. Would be good to have a good work boot.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
I knew about the 10% but couldn't find any other codes while googling. I signed up for the email alert because, you're right, 15% off is too good to pass up. They didn't have my size in the 8146 when I ordered on Thursday (they do now) but it would have been only $11 cheaper than what I paid at shoebuy anyways.

I'm not even a huge Red Wings fan but those iron rangers at that price, I want. I'll wait until spring as any boot without a treaded sole will be rough up here in Canada in the winter.

I was questioning how legit papashoe is since a few months back when they were selling the Wolverine 1000 mile boots at the same steep discount, a bunch of people who ordered them never ended up getting them (although I'm pretty sure it was Wolverine who found out an kiboshed the sales).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I sprayed some of this on my chukkas. Was going to go the usual sno seal route but I was a bit concerned at how effective the wax would be between the seams when applied by hand. Plus, spraying just seemed much more convenient:
31Kn2w9qQZL.jpg
Should have done a before/after series with the boots because they look practically new now after some polishing. Will be interesting to see how they hold up to water.

celticgent

Reaction score

JGP.

Reaction score
Just got these about a month ago, now rotating them with my GT's. These really look good with denim, and with far less blisters than my GT's.

4131603304_01f88655c1.jpg

4131603582_5451f6cecb.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members