• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

kookydooky

Reaction score
Any body get pains in their foot when wearing these boots? Its just happened all of a sudden with me and only with my left foot
ce52.png
It happened around 3 months of wear, so they have prettym uch softened up. Just at the part where to foot bends I get a pain there. Ive tried loosening/tightening, readjusting the tongue etc. I gave the boots a rest for a week and I wore them fine but the next day I wore thin socks and I got the pains again, even if I change to thicker socks. These are for 875s btw

twoism

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased a pair of Iron Rangers, but had to special order them from a local retailer, so I didn't get a chance to try 'em on in person. The sales associate had me try on a few of their other boots, and determined I needed a 9.5 D in the Iron Ranger. This sounded good as I am a size 9.5 in every other shoe I own.

Well, I got them the other day, and they felt good walking around in store, so I decided to go with 'em. Then the manager gave me a quick run down on how to properly oil boots, using mine as the guinea pig. But after wearing them to the movies last night, I've realized that they fit too large. After a quick google I ended up here, and read all the posts about these boots fitting a half size to a full size big. Darn! Wish I read that before the purchase...

So, I'm just curious about what you guys would do in my situation? I really can't wear these boots; my heel comes up ever so slightly with each step, and it drives me nuts. Even with the Red Wing insole, they're still too big. And of course the store will not allow me to return or exchange them because they've been oiled once.

*sigh*

twoism

Reaction score
I'm thinking about it, but I'm gonna be at a big loss. I bought them at full retail price from a local dealer... and I'm in Canada, and up here everything is overpriced. So I payed $349 for the boots before tax. Crazy, right?

Ergh.. never again am I making a purchase without first researching online!

On that note, anyone wanna trade a pair of size 9D Iron Rangers for my 9.5D's? Maybe someone sized down too far and has the opposite problem of me! haha... hah, yeah right. In a perfect world maybe!
laugh.gif

ninja07

Reaction score
I get it once in a while too on my black 8179s....

Originally Posted by kookydooky
Any body get pains in their foot when wearing these boots?

Its just happened all of a sudden with me and only with my left foot

ce52.png

It happened around 3 months of wear, so they have prettym uch softened up. Just at the part where to foot bends I get a pain there. Ive tried loosening/tightening, readjusting the tongue etc. I gave the boots a rest for a week and I wore them fine but the next day I wore thin socks and I got the pains again, even if I change to thicker socks.

These are for 875s btw

Goldlion

Reaction score
i get that too with my 875 once a while. i think there's a funky wrinkle on the tongue that's causing it. i'll usually just readjust the tongue and lace it up abit looser.

Originally Posted by kookydooky
Any body get pains in their foot when wearing these boots?

Its just happened all of a sudden with me and only with my left foot

ce52.png

It happened around 3 months of wear, so they have prettym uch softened up. Just at the part where to foot bends I get a pain there. Ive tried loosening/tightening, readjusting the tongue etc. I gave the boots a rest for a week and I wore them fine but the next day I wore thin socks and I got the pains again, even if I change to thicker socks.

These are for 875s btw

Thor

Reaction score
Here are some pic of my (relatively) new GTs in Cigar- They are about 2 months old- very comfortable and even a tad too big- They are a 7D and pretty huge toe box. I a 7D in Alden-barrie last fits better...but 7D is the smallest size RW makes...so, if I want to be a Gentleman Traveler...and I do...I have no choice
smile.gif
(this is my first posting of pics- sorry if it goes awry)
002800x600r.jpg
004800x600.jpg

Been Drake

Reaction score
sizing question guys, my cousin he's a true size 11, does a size US 9 UK 8 42.5 RW875 will fit for him?

thoogsby

Reaction score
Would the Iron Ranger be considered a good all around winter boot? I'm looking for something that can survive a Boston winter for around $300.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thoogsby
Would the Iron Ranger be considered a good all around winter boot? I'm looking for something that can survive a Boston winter for around $300.

I don't really think so--they'd be more suitable with a commando sole. I made it through last winter with IRs but only because it didn't really snow very much. On the slushy days, you'll need something like yaktrax to make the IRs work.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33