1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Red Velvet Double Breasted Coat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Satinshoes, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Satinshoes

Satinshoes New Member

Not that anyone here knows who Brian Jones is, but I have fallen in love with the look of his double breasted red velvet coat and would like to find one similar to his. Here are a couple of pictures of him wearing it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He is the one in the middle on the first picture and the one on the right in the second. Also, if anyone could tell me where to find a hat like that I would be very happy. Thanks in advance. And yes I have looked in quite a few places already.

2. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Well-Known Member

Brian Who?

Yeah of course I'm sure no one here has ever heard of him.

3. Satinshoes

Satinshoes New Member

Well buddy he was a musician in the Rolling Stones but you didnt answer my question so thanks.

4. David Reeves

David Reeves Well-Known Member

God, your really going to have to get that made I think. That of course should not be too difficult to do.

5. YRR92

YRR92 Well-Known Member

First of all, Brian Jones doesn't exactly fall into the "Not that you guys have heard of him," camp. He's not even the most obscure member of the Rolling Stones.

I'd assume you couldn't get anything like that jacket off the rack today. Heck, you might not have been able to back then, either. Charlie Watts was having his stuff made by that point, I think. You could probably get something made by a costume shop (or a free-thinking tailor), but I haven't the faintest idea how much that would cost.

You could probably find something OTR that fits one or two criteria. You could get a slim-fitting peacoat to wear as outerwear, which would be cut kind of like that. You might be able to find a red velvet sport coat -- you could certainly find a velvet one. You might even by able to find a velvet DB. But a red velvet 8x4 peacoat with contrasting collar and pocket flaps? I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  6. pendragon

pendragon Well-Known Member

Methinks Ianiceman knows exactly who he is. But more importantly, what is Keef wearing?

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

It must be so debilitating to not understand sarcasm whatsoever.

8. Satinshoes

Satinshoes New Member

Bill Wyman had a pretty extravagant outfit with his extremely furry coat....and those glasses and that hat.

9. Satinshoes

Satinshoes New Member

and that furry scarf.....

10. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Now your dancing child with his Chinese suit
    He spoke to me, I took his flute
    No, I wasn’t very cute to him, was I?
    But I did it, though, because he lied
    Because he took you for a ride
    And because time was on his side

Read more: http://www.bobdylan.com/us/songs/i-want-you#ixzz2R2Ej3wnh