• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Yeah I just threw it on after work so still had my tuck going on. I need to try it with other *********** closet. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs, size IV in SS shirts.

That's my first impression although III would be more the "oversized" I was hoping for I'm sure.

It may be up for resale soon if you're serious. This thing is so ridiculously fine I'm thinking of throwing it in the dryer to help it shrink-to-fit!

Yeesh dude yeah its huge. That being said it looks better on you than it did me ;p but yeah probably still too big.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
pop_12551_2_LightWoolSweater.jpg

Wow, a model that looks happy to be wearing the clothes?! That alone makes me want this

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
That cardigan looks comfortable as hell, I'd just wear it around the house and the the store and stuff in winter time

Looks a bit off with slim jeans and sneakers, snow boots and some flared pants or something would be awesome

Agreed slim jeans and sneaks not the right pair. It is hella comfy.

Originally Posted by Abraxis
Yeesh dude yeah its huge. That being said it looks better on you than it did me ;p but yeah probably still too big.

Hey, man. Thanks for the fast shipping. Love the cardigan, a grail SS piece, but alas not sure if I can make it work.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Nothing calls for steeze like an oversized chunky knit.

This is so true. Not sure I have the steeze. Can steeze be purchased on the intrawebz??

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
dang, nn. You look kind of like mumma. Love the colors.
I dunno if I'm missing sarcasm but that is Mumma Dude's on a whole 'nother level

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tonio, maybe you can work it as a top layer, so more like a knit coat and less like a traditional cardigan. I do think you might need to swap out the pants though, it's gonna be hard to make it look good with slim-straight denim. Something a less stiff material, maybe slightly fuller with a lower crotch (don't need to be drop croth level). I think it could do well with something more substantial than just a button-up underneath, at least a slim button up like those you've posted so far, it'd need to be slimmer for that.

anyway, i think you should keep it around for a while to try to figure out if you can pull it off. It looks like a pretty amazing piece so I wouldn't sell it off too fast, you might regret it later!

more reference, though these are 10+ years old, he's done a few chuky knit coats in earlier collections, with less extreme proportions that what i just posted

with knit pants, aw01
EoxIR.jpg

7KdOD.jpg

with plaid skirt and saxophone, aw99
7W9hU.jpg

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I dunno if I'm missing sarcasm but that is Mumma
Dude's on a whole 'nother level

Indeed, such steeze. I love love that VB vneck he's wearing in the fit you posted. Doesn't jet have that one in a cardigan iteration?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
asobu - I was trying to pair something like that together, but not sure if I have the right bottoms to pull that off. I was also interested in your take since I know you do oversized fits.

Here's two more fits I shot with jeans, sneaks, and untucked shirt. Not sure if look improved really:

P1000860.jpg
P1000861.jpg

Needs to be layered over or under something

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tonio: If you're not needing the money right away, I'd keep the cardigan and gradually work towards figuring out how to make it work. It's likely just a matter of acquiring the right additional pieces to pair with it. But this may take some time-- e.g. some pieces have taken me a whole year before I made them work to my satisfaction. To make it work you need to add some bulk to you overall look. Right now your slim pants, slim sneakers, and long slim neck is too much of a contrast against such a bulky cardigan. If you wore baggier pants, heaver shoes, and a scarf I think it would look a lot more balanced. But will the end result still be biz casual friendly?
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads