• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
45758_1.jpg

Picked this up on B&S - will sit in closet for 6+ months, I guess.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
^gdl -- How did your Norse Store pickups work out?

Bleu de Paname coat is very well made - I'm tinkering with the idea of changing the buttons to a slightly lower contrast brown horn. Good weekend winter coat for a guy like me who would look ridiculous in glamgothninja stuff often seen here.

The Norse Projects sweaters are really great. Worth noting a huge difference between the bubble one and the chevron one - former is thin merino wool while latter is an extremely chunky lambswool that weighs a ton. Fit is very trim and fairly "structured", if that makes any sense for a knit (shoulder seam, high armhole, trim body)

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Bleu de Paname coat is very well made - I'm tinkering with the idea of changing the buttons to a slightly lower contrast brown horn. Good weekend winter coat for a guy like me who would look ridiculous in glamgothninja stuff often seen here.

The Norse Projects sweaters are really great. Worth noting a huge difference between the bubble one and the chevron one - former is thin merino wool while latter is an extremely chunky lambswool that weighs a ton. Fit is very trim and fairly "structured", if that makes any sense for a knit (shoulder seam, high armhole, trim body)

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the Norse sweaters recently and will probably end up picking one or two up. I really like some of the Bleu de Paname stuff but just can't swallow the price right now.

atuhsad

Reaction score
Schneider shawl collar blazer. I am really excited to have gotten this. This was my grail piece for the season, and I had all but given up trying to find it (via international retailers, SS store directly, various forums, etc etc etc), but stopped by OC on black friday, and they had received a few new SS pieces that week which were also marked on sale (I had stopped in a few days prior, and they hadnt had this SS piece in yet). 100% wool, two button hidden placket, hidden sleeve buttons, typical schneider details

2vbnf5e.jpg

Schneider shirt. Its actually a 80/20 cotton wool blend. the collars have buttons, but like the placket, are hidden. Additionally, the shirt is slightly checked with brown/blue which is tough to get from the pictures but is quite lovely upon close inspection

2ro6lft.jpg

BoO shirt from SW sale

30s8zgl.jpg

xM.

Reaction score
I came real close to pulling the trigger on that 80/20 shirt but I'm not sure if a IV will be too big (I'm usually a small). Might get it anyways.

pruppert

Reaction score
+1000 to that blazer. Awesome. If it photographs that well I can't imagine how nice it is IRL.

Just copped this at the sales, should be here in the next week or so...

file_4ca8e7621a618.jpg
file_4ca8e7c335a87.jpg

surrender

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
You didn't happen to pick up the size IV did you? If so, then you're the one who beat me to that one by 2 minutes according to Ryan when he had to refund me for it
ffffuuuu.gif

Good pick up, I had been eying that all season. If it doesn't work out for you and that is the size you got, PM me.

Indeed, that was me
redface.gif
It arrives on Thursday, so I'll shoot you a PM if it doesn't work out

atuhsad

Reaction score
Thanks guys! i will post a fit with the blazer

Originally Posted by g transistor
I have found SS stuff to be consistent with BoO...sometimes even higher armholes and slimmer arms.

I find this to be true; i am pretty much a medium in most every brand, but a size large in BoO and a VI is SS shirting. I find that SS shirting is fine in the body in length (where as Boo is shorter and slimer in the body), but i have to size up in SS as the armholes are really high and the sleeves are so slim (i have broad shoulders, so a size 5 could work, but would be a tad too slim for the office).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My recent haul from various locations. Mostly Schneider as I needed my fix. I was most excited about the Author Cardigan as I had been looking for that in my size since it dropped and sold out of my size at Opening Ceremony a year or so ago and I just got that one in today from a fellow forumite! I have fit pics of it that I would like to post for advice from the forum though as the thing is huuuuge. Where should I post them (WAYWT? Schneider thread? Here?)?

IMG_1065.jpg
pop_12551_2_LightWoolSweater.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

Originally Posted by atuhsad
Schneider shawl collar blazer. I am really excited to have gotten this. This was my grail piece for the season, and I had all but given up trying to find it (via international retailers, SS store directly, various forums, etc etc etc), but stopped by OC on black friday, and they had received a few new SS pieces that week which were also marked on sale (I had stopped in a few days prior, and they hadnt had this SS piece in yet). 100% wool, two button hidden placket, hidden sleeve buttons, typical schneider details

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vbnf5e.jpg

Schneider shirt. Its actually a 80/20 cotton wool blend. the collars have buttons, but like the placket, are hidden. Additionally, the shirt is slightly checked with brown/blue which is tough to get from the pictures but is quite lovely upon close inspection

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ro6lft.jpg

BoO shirt from SW sale

http://i54.tinypic.com/30s8zgl.jpg

Great pick ups here. Echoing the others, the blazer is the star of this cop show, gorgeous piece right there. Definitely post those fit pics when you can.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
IV in SS = true small.

Listen to this man. I am a small in shirts for just about all brands (float between small/medium in BoO depending on material/style) and I wear a IV which is slim/not BoO tight/constricting. Schneider shirt materials/details are amazing.

Originally Posted by surrender
Indeed, that was me
redface.gif
It arrives on Thursday, so I'll shoot you a PM if it doesn't work out

I knew it...Damn spending quality time with some family on a Sunday afternoon! If it does work out for you at the very least post a fit pic so I can wear it vicariously through you haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads