• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the subway line to the JFK air train is :fu: . trying to travel with anything larger than a backpack is a hassle on those trains (which are full of commuters) towards the airTrain.

its just not worth the potential of missing a flight.... I've twice almost missed flights because of trains disruptions at broadway junction. maaaaaybe coming home with a light bag the subway is barely tolerable, but its almost always a better choice to spend the money on a cab.

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Yes, it is knid of a scandal that we cannot build a train to the airport. The heathrow-paddington line is terrific for example, as is the one in rome.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, it is knid of a scandal that we cannot build a train to the airport. The heathrow-paddington line is terrific for example, as is the one in rome.

hong kong international airport even has the option to check in your luggage from their train's city stations. that's wicked awesome.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

hong kong international airport even has the option to check in your luggage from their train's city stations. that's wicked awesome.

you can do that in london too, at least know you can at Victoria station for Gatwick. Not sure about Paddington-Heathrow, at least, I have never done it.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here's a reason why new york sucks..... (i've complained about this in other threads)... the city has almost become too dog friendly. don't get me wrong... i have a dog I love and and love that there are like 8 dog runs in a 5 mile radius of me in brooklyn.

but... there is dog **** everywhere... since dogs are so prevalent there are a rising number of irresponsible dog owners (or worse those dog walkers with 10 dogs simultaneously on leash). its on the sidewalks, on the streets, its just everywhere.

the worse is in parks. you can't really picnic with a blanket on the ground confidently anymore in most parks (even the nice ones like McGlorick in GreenPoint because there is fecal matter in trace amounts just strewn out everywhere. I remember when fall hit an there were all these nice piles of leaves for kids to play on, but they remained untouched because dogs had already pissed and shat in the area.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the subway line to the JFK air train is :fu: . trying to travel with anything larger than a backpack is a hassle on those trains (which are full of commuters) towards the airTrain.

its just not worth the potential of missing a flight.... I've twice almost missed flights because of trains disruptions at broadway junction. maaaaaybe coming home with a light bag the subway is barely tolerable, but its almost always a better choice to spend the money on a cab.

Yes, now this is insane. We live in ostensibly the world's greatest city, and yet you cannot sensibly get to the airport via public transit. And when you do get there, those airports are practically a third world country.

:fu:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Contrast that withthe Dc metro which is spotless, safe and on time but barely goes anywhere

red line = safe.

orange line = mostly safe

yellow = occasionally unsafe

green line = frequently unsafe

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

here's a reason why new york sucks..... (i've complained about this in other threads)... the city has almost become too dog friendly. don't get me wrong... i have a dog I love and and love that there are like 8 dog runs in a 5 mile radius of me in brooklyn.

but... there is dog **** everywhere... since dogs are so prevalent there are a rising number of irresponsible dog owners (or worse those dog walkers with 10 dogs simultaneously on leash). its on the sidewalks, on the streets, its just everywhere.

the worse is in parks. you can't really picnic with a blanket on the ground confidently anymore in most parks (even the nice ones like McGlorick in GreenPoint because there is fecal matter in trace amounts just strewn out everywhere. I remember when fall hit an there were all these nice piles of leaves for kids to play on, but they remained untouched because dogs had already pissed and shat in the area.

How European. This is something to brag about. Something that elevates you over non-**** infested middle American cities.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How European. This is something to brag about. Something that elevates you over non-**** infested middle American cities.

:lol:

one night last december I was approached by a large black woman walking her huge assed german shepherd while I walking my dog. when i saw she had a ******* gun holstered by her large bossom inside her jacket I thought it was going to be a :( :fu: pre -xmas mugging for me.

it turned out she was undercover NYPD and there was a NYPD/NYSD "crack down" on irresponsible dog owners not picking up their dog's ****. I was happy at the time they were taking action... but since then the area's been re-coated with feces in levels even worse than before. I guess it was an easy way to make quotas handing out $500 citations.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I rarely see poo on my street, which is comforting since I almost always see a dog being walked on it (I observed this recently as I was trying to avoid other dogs as the one I was walking had to wear a cone all week).

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I rarely see poo on my street, which is comforting since I almost always see a dog being walked on it (I observed this recently as I was trying to avoid other dogs as the one I was walking had to wear a cone all week).

The streets in my neighborhood are coated with it. You have to really pay attention when you are walking to avoid stepping in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads