• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good deal then.  Go expedia or whatever?

I always go to Trivago or Booking.com. Select city & dates, filter by only good rating, less than 1km from my workplace (I hate the tube in the mornings) and sort by price. You can get pretty good deals. I booked three or four weeks ago.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always go to Trivago or Booking.com. Select city & dates, filter by only good rating, less than 1km from my workplace (I hate the tube in the mornings) and sort by price. You can get pretty good deals. I booked three or four weeks ago.
Huh. I've never used either. Some people like Priceline for deals, but I would hate just being told "congratulations, you are now going to stay here!" Call me a control freak.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I check sites like Agoda and Priceline but then always book through the hotel's own website. The deals are almost always the same but you get the rewards points which some places don't let you have if you book through another site.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@the shah interesting use of dokinchan to close your post... she's not as nice and friendly as she looks - but then again, maybe you knew that ;)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wtf @gdl203 is all knowing about all topics.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@la guy is the Monitaly project the pants you've mentioned? Also, is there a leather jacket project?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@la guy is the Monitaly project the pants you've mentioned? Also, is there a leather jacket project?
The pants and a jacket, in the same material. It is supposed to be being sampled now.

Leather jacket project is on hold for the time being, but I will do something else if that one doesn't pan out. So, what Drew did was smart, but very hard to scale. He essentially channeled the collective energy of a bunch of people who could, if so inclined and so directed, produce good leather jackets, to do so. You see a crap load of these stores all over the place. They are capable of doing pretty decent construction (not incredible and awesome, but very serviceable, but left to their own devices, you get terrible designs in worse leather. Because someone who can make something often doesn't have great taste levels. So, you need someone like Drew to work with them to create something that is, in the grand scheme of things, very high on the taste scale. That is worth a ton of money. Working with a designer brand and a factory has it's own, other, set of issues. Anyway, I'm working my way through or around that.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
apparently anime is very popular in italy too

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's French.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't Greg's wife Japanese? I would assume his kids watch all this stuff on recorded vhs tapes/dvds. Maybe some Doraemon here and there....

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha yes the kids have been watching Anpanman and other DVD since they were little. I grew up watching Goldorak.

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they watch Dragon Ball/Z? I grew up with Pokemon. Still waiting to find out who's Ash's father, and when he'll encounter Ho-Oh, again.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No but they watch a lot of Pokemon. That show was completely foreign to me, but I was a little taken aback by the premise of adorable looking and sounding creatures enslaved by teenagers and trained to fight one another for fun. It's like Fight Club for Care Bears : the Mexican cock fight episode.... And everyone seems to find that normal

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lost out on an eBay auction and am legit sad about it. Usually if I don't win it's whatever but I seriously regret not putting in a higher max bid
baldy[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads