• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of people trying to sell their W+H Dayton boots lately.

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
There sure are a lot of people trying to sell their W+H Dayton boots lately.

Yah hopefully they are still trying to sell them in size 7 when I get some moneies.
blush.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do you get yours from? It's about time I restock on basics.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Where do you get yours from? It's about time I restock on basics.
$15/shirt from Loehmann's. 99% of that place is an unholy matrimony of Nord Rack and Off 5th but for whatever reason they have an ample selection of AA. Quite a few l/s crews, henleys, etc. in black, grey, white. I stocked up. For the MC crowd, there was an awful lot of deep discount Cucinelli, not that anyone here would be interested in half-zip cashmere sweaters or l/s cashmere polos.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
never liked that ****, tbh. I got plenty of people who do, it's not my go-to hot sauce though, actually I don't even know what my go-to hot sauce is. for my pho, always this, plus a lime wedge, anything else is uncivilized:
1110SB-2T.jpg

Damn dude, this is the exact sauce I've used in all my thai cooking. Best **** ever, nice and hot.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
between all my wacky cooking, my girlfriend japaneez ****, and some of her makeup, my fridge contents are completely weird. I think i have like 30 pair of shoes now, just wear 3 of them nowadays. Need more, somehow.
I think I'm up to 20. Most wear these days is on the 2268s, Gordon Rush boots, and my blue suede Loakes. Once or twice a week I wear one of my dress shoes. I need to sell/trash a bunch of my ****.
Originally Posted by asobu
does korean bbq include hot sauces? i've only had that **** in japan, can't remember any hot sauce... anyway, yakiniku. <3
hot sauce doesn't exist in japan, they can't handle anything that resembles spicy
Originally Posted by snake
I've never been one to go for the hot hot stuff. It tends to overwhelm the flavor of the meal and make it less enjoyable imo.
sweet+spicy is the best combo ever. Luckily Korean fried chicken is that. Too bad it's pretty unhealthy. Funny **** is that whenever I go to any Korean place with spicy food, I'm eating as much as I can and the old ajumma will always ask if I will be ok and not die because they think white dudes can't eat anything spicy.
Originally Posted by whodini
I'll never buy american apparel shirts again. Like rye, I was hooked on their cheap v-necks; I have now seen the light and the light's name is alt apparel pima cotton.
Unsurprisingly I like uniqlo's shirts the best. Comfortable and fit well.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I bought a few Uniqlo shirts but have found them to be really boxy and long. They're comfy but I'd have to have them tailored if I was wearing them untucked instead of as undershirts. Alt fits like AA but is far more comfortable.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk of food is making me want some pho for dinner

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Alt Apparel was longer, it'd be great. Unfortunately due to my height, I'm stuck with AA.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
If Alt Apparel was longer, it'd be great. Unfortunately due to my height, I'm stuck with AA.
Is there really that much of a difference? It feels the same to me.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I bought a few Uniqlo shirts but have found them to be really boxy and long. They're comfy but I'd have to have them tailored if I was wearing them untucked instead of as undershirts. Alt fits like AA but is far more comfortable.

They're short and slim. Probably something to do with your proportions, are you like a large because of broad shoulders or something?

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of t shirts. anyone still make vintage ts that fit like they did in the 50s/ 60s?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
They're short and slim. Probably something to do with your proportions, are you like a large because of broad shoulders or something?

Yeah I agree, only boxy if you size up one. Depending on the type of shirt, they can be skin tight on me.

jwied82

Reaction score
I'll never buy american apparel shirts again. Like rye, I was hooked on their cheap v-necks; I have now seen the light and the light's name is alt apparel pima cotton.

i need to try some alt apparel t's. I have never really found the perfect basic (& inexpensive) t-shirt for me. The aa tri-blend in a size small fits me really well but its only available in crew-neck and the stupid deep-v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads