• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yaaa
I always get a "norwegian black metal version of rick" vibe

Honest question, can you draw some comparisons for me here? Other than "OV ripped off Rick's long tanks"
I've read the OV thread at SZ, I know Faust would lynch me, but I honestly don't see much in common between them. Rick looks sci-fi. OV looks punk. Both make lots of black?

I mean even on the most basic level an OV tee has square shoulders and a boxy chest, a Rick one has soft shoulders and a flowy anatomical shape. OV makes raw cut reversed fabrics and Rick makes a bunch of extreme tailored and clean spacey looking ****. I mean I know there's other stuff but OV hasn't made anything even close to an Exploder bomber and his leathers have a completely different attitude.

I just watched Crust. There was one look with a leather jacket that kinda looked like something that could be in an OV show. Maybe I need to look at older Rick? There's not much on youtube besides '11 and '12 which are obviously not what I'm looking for.

edit: Okay, I will give you a couple pieces of OV FW '11's outerwear.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am liking these looks from Gucci SS12. Chunky sweater and narrow pant.

menswear-spring-summer-2012-gucci-07-600x900.jpg

menswear-spring-summer-2012-gucci-29-600x900.jpg

like this jacket, too:

menswear-spring-summer-2012-gucci-11-600x900.jpg

_yoo

Reaction score
Non-clothing related, but anyone who uses library.nu aka gigapedia knows what's going on with the site? Used to be an user but can no longer log in ...
Any alternatives to suggest?

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yeah, i know. like stubby legs. i still like the concept though.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like forward's new website has come at a cost. Discount code gets you 10% off instead of 15%. At least they didn't throw it out altogether.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looks like forward's new website has come at a cost. Discount code gets you 10% off instead of 15%. At least they didn't throw it out altogether.

Been like that for a few months.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
F that 10%. Just use a different e-mail address, then call or chat or e-mail them and get the 30% off first time buyers.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honest question, can you draw some comparisons for me here? Other than "OV ripped off Rick's long tanks"
I've read the OV thread at SZ, I know Faust would lynch me, but I honestly don't see much in common between them. Rick looks sci-fi. OV looks punk. Both make lots of black?

I also took OV as dirty Northwest music fan. Capes and **** all festival wear.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
did they tell you that ?? good thing i used my 2nd first time discount not long ago

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to buy some stuff that was marked down on forward and was wondering if it stacked (yes), but she said that the code is "no longer valid for that site" and works on revolve only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads