• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I'd say a jacket that's too long just makes you look like you're wearing clothing that's too big for you.

I agree that tucks, stacks, and cuffs all break up the lines of the legs by shortening the length of the visually unbroken line, but how much does that really matter if you're not a woman? I'm sure there are exceptions, but it doesn't seem to me that men's fashions place the same sort of emphasis on a long, slender leg.

Maybe I'm just being insensitive because I'm tall and have long, slender legs.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd assume long and slender body is pretty damn desirable for men at the moment when you consider the average male model.
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^if this is true at all (and I suspect it's kind of a faulty logic), it is only true in pictures, and it is really negligible because seriously, how much vertical distance are you losing from a sneaker tongue or the top of a boot that you would "gain" from a low top shoe? ankle height at most, some maybe a few inches?, unless we're talking taller boots which aren't really popular here. (although Stazy's boots recently got a lot of love, that's probably the first time we've soon boots like that in waywt for a while)
A few inches makes a HUGE difference, even in taller people. The bigger problem is that your leg is going to look longer when it gets more slender towards the ankle... and a bulky sneaker ruins that. Luckily wearing clothes isn't just about looking tall.

Also I'm not sure why Stazy's fit got love here; even he realized it looked off.

Originally Posted by Rover!
Only in pics. A 6'3 guy wearing high tops is still going to look 6'3 when you see him in real life.

Pretty much this. Pics lie.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC just gets worse and worse
capsule_looks_homme_02.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You didn't even show the worst pieces.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
They ditched the baller hi-tops - in favor of Clark's DBs, no less - but kept those hideous jeans? I'll say the following: - That's not my favorite colorway on those. - I agree that they make him look shorter. - The real issue is that he's doing a terribad job of wearing them. sq always looked way, way better in his (which were in a better colorway), and I'm pretty sure he's not 6'3" or anything.
yeh I prefer the uniqueness of the first, but the proportions are whack, cardi drops elongates his torso and jeans bunching shrink his legs. I'd like to see the margiela's with the blue cardi

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ToJ thread is depressing me a little, lot's of nice jackets but too many people ******* with measurements ("Yeah I'm planning to gain 40 lb. and 5 inches in my chest to make sure its two sizes bigger").

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cool, i hope raf simons collection is better than F/W 2011/12

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, getting refunded from a proxy is a tiresomely long process.....

angering me quite abit

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose it's better than not being able to return it, and no one wanting it on here or on Ebay :\\

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always ignore s/s until sale season hits.....****.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember to always ask about condition when bidding on ebay, kids, if not explicitly stated

I forgot for the first time and got fucked

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's so bad ass. It'd be like shopping inside of the Death Star. Though Darth Vader's attitude and all-black-errythang ensemble would make him better suited to be an SA at Atelier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics