• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rambo's World Adventure

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

damn are you really 31? :( soz bro.
anyway by travel do you mean western europe, or are you willing to go anywhere? like, no offense, but if you've never be on a plane until like 6 months ago you probably aren't going to adjust well to africa.

But people that have been flying for ten years would adjust well to africa? WTF?
It's motherfucking Africa. Why would you want to adjust well

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

damn are you really 31? :( soz bro.
anyway by travel do you mean western europe, or are you willing to go anywhere? like, no offense, but if you've never be on a plane until like 6 months ago you probably aren't going to adjust well to africa.

Don't be a dick Teger. Enough of my life has passed me by. Its time to start living it now.

I'd like to do the whole world, not just Europe. I'm a survivor. It'll be rough, I'm sure, but I'll make it. I don't plan on walking alone in the ******* Sudan for christs sake.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rambro, if you make it until July, and happen to be in the area, I can be your West Bank/Israel tour guide.

Last edited:

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the longer you stay at a place, the cheaper it will become and the more you will take in.

do couch surfing, hostels, street food, some part time work to make money for the next place etc. like a place? rent an apt for a month and save a lot of money.

also, buy a round the world ticket. choose spots that you are interested in (going west to east) and build your itinerary around that. save a butt ton on plane tickets. ($$$)

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

But people that have been flying for ten years would adjust well to africa? WTF?
It's motherfucking Africa. Why would you want to adjust well

uh if you've traveled extensively to different areas and experienced different forms of travel africa is probably going to be much less of a culture shock.

id love to go to australia for a few months. you should do that. just bum around the beaches for a few months.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambro, if you make it until July, and happen to be in the area, I can be your West Bank/Israel tour guide.

I'll definitely make it until winter. Hopefully, until my next birthday. How long are you going to be in town for?

the longer you stay at a place, the cheaper it will become and the more you will take in.
do couch surfing, hostels, street food, some part time work to make money for the next place etc. like a place? rent an apt for a month and save a lot of money.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Outside of the occasional nice restaurant or excursion to monument/museum, most of the money will be on travel. Which is more expensive than I thought. ******* Eurorail prices are a *****.

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Interesting. So tell me. Where exactly in America can I travel to prepare myself culturally for Africa. I'm all ears.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

Interesting. So tell me. Where exactly in America can I travel to prepare myself culturally for Africa. I'm all ears.

when did I say 'travel in america'? if rambo has say, traveled around eastern europe or the middle east, he'd probably experience less of a culture shock if he traveled to africa.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

when did I say 'travel in america'? if rambo has say, traveled around eastern europe or the middle east, he'd probably experience less of a culture shock if he traveled to africa.

Those sound like literally three of the worst possible areas in the world in which someone could travel.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
also rambo you've mentioned in the past you have some health issues, so just bear that in mind when you travel -- just make sure you have access to hospitals, pharmacies, etc, if that's the type of stuff you need to be around. im sure it won't be a problem in most places though.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those sound like literally three of the worst possible areas in the world in which someone could travel.

every place has it's good spots and bad spots. it depends a lot on how you carry yourself to. some people step off a plane with a target on their back and are bound to find themselves in trouble.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

why would eastern europe or the middle east be terrible places to travel? i've talked to several people who traveled to eastern europe and had a blast - it's cheap and has fantastic history

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Careful with the hostels. You can pick up some bad arthropods. I've heard horror stories. Bed bugs and the kind that burrow.

But I've heard European hostels are cleaner.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads