• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph lifschitz featured in architectural digest

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about Nautica doing a furniture line, upholstered with suit fabrics. I'd like a couch in a navy with pinstripes.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about Nautica doing a furniture line, upholstered with suit fabrics. I'd like a couch in a navy with pinstripes.
For any of you who received the latest issue of "Menswear" magazine, you have probably seen the short, one-page piece on bespoke suits.

The suit they featured is pinstripe, but also has signature Paul Smith rainbow stripe, 1" wide, spaced about 12" apart. Looks very bizarre on a suit. They said in the description, that the fabric used was originally for upholstery.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At some point, this lifestyle marketing becomes absurd. If you already like the furniture and the lamps, soon they'll be coming out with other related items- cars that have been inspired by Ralphie's personal collection. Then, there can be a line of RL toilet paper, where the polo logo is quilted into the paper.

At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised- there's already RL paint. Seriously, why would people really need Ralphie's stamp of approval for paint. Can't you just buy your own, and then decide what color you want it to be.
How about the "Eddie Bauer" edition Blazers, or whatever they are. I'm sure RL will come along in due time.

And no, people can't just buy their own. Trust me, it's hard enough to get a homeowner to decide on a single look to go for in a house. Don't even think about letting them actually choose from every color in the world. If they want to pick everything out of the RL catalog, at least it will all go together. No one has to know it's his stuff. Personally, I know I do better with a limited palette in most cases. The Pantone paint collection would overload my brain, like it does to most people.

cuffthis

Reaction score
When you post pictures, how do you control the size? I can't undertand why my pictures are so large? Wasn't my intention. FYI, these were posted using Image Box using the instructions listed in a previous post.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You have to resize the picture before uploading it. Probably the program that came with your digital camera has the capability to resize images- 600 pixels max dimension is good for general stuff, more detail go 800. If your camera's software doesn't do it, there are numerous image editing utilities available at differing levels of complexity. I use Photoshop for everything but it has a steep learning curve. Unfortunately I haven't really kept up so I can't recommend something simpler.

Edit: now that I think about it, you could also set the digital camera to take smaller pictures in the first place. In the menu there should be options for image size. Pick 800x600 or 640x480, or if you want them bigger pick 1024x768, but if they are that big it's better to link the picture rather than pasting it inline, so people can choose to see them and it maintains the rest of the forum in a readable state.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imageshack lets you post thumbnails that link to the actual pictures. Do that when the pictures are too big for this forum.

BjornH

Reaction score
If you use Windows XP, you can install this small program from Microsoft. It's free and is a part of their PowerToys accessory pack for Windows XP: PowerToy Resizer After install (and perhaps a restart?), you will be able to right-click on an image and make a copy in a different size. Bjorn

Charybdis

Reaction score
Um, the interior of the house is fairly appalling. Many of the individual objects are nice (someone on his staff has fabulous taste in oriental rugs) but they are put together in an overblown way that only a set designer would find appropriate. "House O' Props" is what I think his own staff calls it.

On the other hand, his dressing room (if it were cleared of the ridiculous cowboy dress-up stuff) is envy-making.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(christian @ 15 Oct. 2004, 3:34) At some point, this lifestyle marketing becomes absurd. If you already like the furniture and the lamps, soon they'll be coming out with other related items- cars that have been inspired by Ralphie's personal collection. Then, there can be a line of RL toilet paper, where the polo logo is quilted into the paper. At this point, I really wouldn't be surprised- there's already RL paint. Seriously, why would people really need Ralphie's stamp of approval for paint. Can't you just buy your own, and then decide what color you want it to be.
How about the "Eddie Bauer" edition Blazers, or whatever they are. I'm sure RL will come along in due time. And no, people can't just buy their own. Trust me, it's hard enough to get a homeowner to decide on a single look to go for in a house. Don't even think about letting them actually choose from every color in the world. If they want to pick everything out of the RL catalog, at least it will all go together. No one has to know it's his stuff. Personally, I know I do better with a limited palette in most cases. The Pantone paint collection would overload my brain, like it does to most people.
There has also been an Alfred Dunhill edition of the 1997 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage (I believe this is the correct year/model, it was the supercharged 6-cylinder). Even Lincoln had a Cartier edition of their Towncars a few years back. They featured an analog Cartier clock set into the dash.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads