• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
Conistons cleaned up and ready for tomorrow.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
I actually did some VSC this weekend to get some brown cream off then as well, and put them in the sun for a couple hours. I almost feel like the toe and vamp darkened rather than lightened but probably just my imagination. I don't think I overdid it with the VSC.

Also, as much as I like the look of my Guarded Goods flat waxed cotton laces, they are kind of a pain to use on the Lindricks and don't allow me to tighten them as easily. Will probably revert to the factory round laces.

I put some Saphir medaille d'Or Renovateur and it works very well to make it shine.

blueline7

Reaction score
Barneys Warehouse, online has C&J Overton Balmorals in blue patent leather...for USD $219....in various sizes.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys Warehouse, online has C&J Overton Balmorals in blue patent leather...for USD $219....in various sizes.

I saw those and my heart sank when I learned they are in patent leather. Great price though.

I ordered my first C&J this Tuesday (Connaught in chestnut), and UPS is indicating it will arrive Thursday. That's insanely fast shipping from the UK to Cali.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Harlech in dark brown cordovan (cigar?). I already have the C&J for Peal & CO burgundy cordovan cap toe boots and the Skye II boots in dark brown cordovan. Would the Harlechs be redundant? A dumb purchase?? Maybe I am asking the wrong crowd, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts...
smile.gif

Skelnik

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the Harlech in dark brown cordovan (cigar?). I already have the C&J for Peal & CO burgundy cordovan cap toe boots and the Skye II boots in dark brown cordovan. Would the Harlechs be redundant? A dumb purchase?? Maybe I am asking the wrong crowd, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts...
smile.gif

I currently own the C&J for Peal Co cap toe boots and have recently ordered the Harlechs. The tracking information says they will arrive tomorrow. If you would like I can post some comparison photos.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently own the C&J for Peal Co cap toe boots and have recently ordered the Harlechs. The tracking information says they will arrive tomorrow. If you would like I can post some comparison photos.

Yes, please do! So I guess you don't think they would be too close to each other? How did you reason when deciding to go for the Harlechs as well?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking about getting the Harlech in dark brown cordovan (cigar?). I already have the C&J for Peal & CO burgundy cordovan cap toe boots and the Skye II boots in dark brown cordovan. Would the Harlechs be redundant? A dumb purchase?? Maybe I am asking the wrong crowd, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts... :)
Definitely asking in the wrong place. I have Whisky Harlechs and the Peal & Co boots also and was still considering the brown Harlechs, but may try to add a Coniston before that. If you can't tell I like captoes. My Harlechs and Peal & Co next to each other.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Yes, please do! So I guess you don't think they would be too close to each other? How did you reason when deciding to go for the Harlechs as well?

I justified the purchase of the Harlechs by convincing myself that because they were on different lasts, have different soles (i.e. Dainite/Double Leather) and are different colors that they could fill a different spot on the rotation.
patch[1].gif

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Anyone here who perhaps owns a pair of tan Pembrokes? I've looked through the thread, but haven't really had any luck finding some nice pictures. I've already tried googling, but most of the pictures there are stock photos.

I've been thinking about buying a pair for spring/autumn, they seem to go nicely with a pair of jeans.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone here who perhaps owns a pair of tan Pembrokes? I've looked through the thread, but haven't really had any luck finding some nice pictures. I've already tried googling, but most of the pictures there are stock photos.

I've been thinking about buying a pair for spring/autumn, they seem to go nicely with a pair of jeans.

Someone in this thread or another definitely do. Maybe @BackInTheJox?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads