• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would really like a Chelsea Boot in a Dark Brown similar to the following:

This is actually a Dark Brown Cottesmore made for Barneys but you get the idea. I'm looking for a non-super narrow last and doesn't have to be C&J. Any recommendations?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Coniston in smooth leather, wtf? They look more like my Harlechs, though obviously they're cordovan...

well
CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well
CJ carry Coniston in scotch grain on 325, I assume Barneys is also on 325 but with calf skin

BB for CJ's cordovan boot is on 240 last (dainite sole), which looks like Harlech, except Harlech is on 341 and is on double leather sole

Ralph Lauren's Lindrick is also cordovan (brown ones anyway, the black one might be calf?) and on 325 last (double leather) which would probably be most close to Skye 2 (cordovan, though dainite sole on 335 last), Skye looks just like Skye 2 to me except it's calf on double leather sole.

Now an interesting one is on DSW you can see an old stock Ralph Lauren Lindrick in some kind of grain (made in England) and some version of rubber sole, no idea when these were made and if by CJ

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+lindrick+wingtip+boot?prodId=286895

The C&J for BB boot in burgundy shell is on Dainite and on Double leather, even though, as I recall, it was advertised as only on Dainite. I have ordered them twice and received one of each??? Did not keep either one.

The RL Lindrick is offered in black calf and brown shell. I own them both.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well

Black calf, and brown cordovan as stated earlier.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Celebrating my birthday with a nice Friday afternoon lunch with friends and decided to give the C&J Ghillies for Barneys with the beautiful red Dainite soles their first wear.

Ahriman4891

Reaction score
Cleav- That's a good way to buy "subs", congratulations!

A little update for those of us with wide feet. I went to the C&J NY store again because the 8G Grasmere (last 325) they ordered for me arrived. It did not fit. It has the same issue (for me) as Alden's Barrie which I had in 8EEE - wide enough in the ball-of-the-foot part, but tapering too severely at the forefoot, squeezing my toes as a result.
It was strange, but looking at the shoe from above, the usual gentle curve was hardly noticeable - it was tapering almost in a straight line. Oh well.

Other notes - last 325 is not as long as 341. I would say 325 in 8 is about as long as 341 in 7.5. The ball of my foot and the arch were at the right place within the shoe. (I am 8EEE on the Brannock.)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Visited the factory shop today and purchased Monkton GB£150. They are boxed and marked as UK7 so sold as subs, however, they are clearly an 8 so perfect for me on the 348. A good days work!
Looking good, sounds like you got a great deal.

Congrats!!

Reaction score
Thanks,

I would like the milton unlined suede at some point (in the 348 last) for more casual but may have to just settle for some other cheap penny loafers for my holidays,
I got a c&j belt to match the westbornes however i didn't realise the belts were made in majorca from another manufacturer?? Still its a close enough match to not make too much a difference

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics