• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

bemk

Reaction score
Cross post from the CROCKETT & JONES MTO CENTRAL thread.

My Lindrick arrived this morning. 🥳

240118_23801_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg

I think, they are not too shabby. 🤡

240118_23774_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg
240118_23790_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg
240118_23777_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg

- Crockett & Jones Lindrick, Whisky Cordovan Shell -

shoefan57

Reaction score

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

Gustaf

Reaction score

T1mb0

Reaction score

Menninki

Reaction score
Coniston on 378 in Coffee Hurricane Hide. Last year’s last purchase. Unboxed today because a holiday got in the way. Admittedly not very photogenic, but I like them! Zero maintenance planned for the foreseeable future, to see how they patinate.

These are beautiful boots. After picking them up from Division Road this summer they are a weekly wear.

As noted before, it is like a more premium version of CXL. After buying these boots I got them moving outside and gave them a slightly rugged and broken-in look. That's where they really shine in pairing with denim and cords, and perfect with knitwear.

Also, the Ridgeway sole has broken in and is fairly comfortable - more comfortable than Dainite but less that Londra.

Truly though, this is a fantastic pair of casual boots and very well made. If you are on the fence, you should pull the trigger before this batch is gone.
That's me. I just can't get this boot out of my head and you guys are not making it any easier.

I'd like to ask you how do you find the overall aesthetics of the boot? I'm asking, because I think the Coniston in 325 is a design perfection in every way and I am wondering if the 378 has any effect on the appearance for better or worse. It looks marvelous and versatile in all photos.

I know this is very subjective question, but I would appreciate any views.

bemk

Reaction score
I’m gutted not to have discovered Styleforum in time to join this GMTO 😭 Beautiful!

I think this every now and then, when one of the fellows posts a picture of past GMTOs. 🤝

Stunning and look wonderful on the Ridgeway sole, great work.

Loving them King Rannoch. Congratulations.
Mine reaching next week (I requested a late delivery)

Stunning boots. These are professional grade photos! What’s your secret?

Thank you, Gentlemen! 😎

@Gustaf : I'm just a hobbyist and my equipment is quite old with Nikon's first digital full frame camera, which I bought 17 years ago and for these pictures I have used a Zeiss ZF 1.4/50, which was considered the technically weakest lens of the ZF line at that time. But I love the way it renders. So it must be simply passion and a bit of knowledge about making and editing pictures.

Here's a new one:

240119_23829_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg

And in the CROCKETT & JONES MTO CENTRAL I have shown a comparison of this boot next to a Coniston in Tan Scotch Grain and Dark Brown Scotch Grain: #12,389

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
That's me. I just can't get this boot out of my head and you guys are not making it any easier.

I'd like to ask you how do you find the overall aesthetics of the boot? I'm asking, because I think the Coniston in 325 is a design perfection in every way and I am wondering if the 378 has any effect on the appearance for better or worse. It looks marvelous and versatile in all photos.

378 has a slightly more bulbous toe. For this reason the 325 may be seen as marginally more versatile on the formal-casual scale, whereas the 378 is a bit more ”workwear” to my eyes. Otherwise they are fairly similar. Fit-wise, I prefer the roomier toe box of the 378; aesthetically, if I had to pick one, the 325. But they are different enough to warrant having both.

As I understand it, the 378 shares it front end with 335, only the heel cup differs. Here are some 335/325 comparison shots I posted a while back if it helps:

I like both. You need both.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think this every now and then, when one of the fellows posts a picture of past GMTOs. 🤝

Thank you, Gentlemen! 😎

@Gustaf : I'm just a hobbyist and my equipment is quite old with Nikon's first digital full frame camera, which I bought 17 years ago and for these pictures I have used a Zeiss ZF 1.4/50, which was considered the technically weakest lens of the ZF line at that time. But I love the way it renders. So it must be simply passion and a bit of knowledge about making and editing pictures.

Here's a new one:

View attachment 2114493

And in the CROCKETT & JONES MTO CENTRAL I have shown a comparison of this boot next to a Coniston in Tan Scotch Grain and Dark Brown Scotch Grain: #12,389
They turned out amazingly well and congratulations gents ..🥃

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score

These boots are very versatile. I think because of the cap toe, the 378 toe doesn't seem as pronounced stylistically versus a 378 plain toe. However, the 378 adds room in the toes, which is appreciated.

The three pairs of boots I wear every week are the Roughout Conistons, Hurricane Hide Conistons (these boots), and Dark Brown Scotch Grain Islays. In the past, my roughouts covered the more casual end of that range, and the Islays the more "smart casual". The Hurricane Conistons actually cover that full range, to give you an idea of their versatility.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started off feeling more comfortable with the roundness of the toe box on the Tricker’s Stow boot, but in time I have really come around to the brilliance of the 325. Such a good looking shape.

Never tried the 365 but would like to, I’m just confused about whether to get myself a pair of Islay’s or something else.

IMG_4173.jpeg

Menninki

Reaction score
These boots are very versatile. I think because of the cap toe, the 378 toe doesn't seem as pronounced stylistically versus a 378 plain toe. However, the 378 adds room in the toes, which is appreciated.

The three pairs of boots I wear every week are the Roughout Conistons, Hurricane Hide Conistons (these boots), and Dark Brown Scotch Grain Islays. In the past, my roughouts covered the more casual end of that range, and the Islays the more "smart casual". The Hurricane Conistons actually cover that full range, to give you an idea of their versatility.
Thanks @Gustaf and @Bayou Tiger. Really appreciated it.

I just noticed that my size is gone! Oh well, so much for that then. I feel disappointed and relieved at the same time.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexislawsion