• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a very remote location in Chiba, a house where he has showroom and workshop on the bottom floor, and lives on the top floor. His wife also work full time, so they have double income. And they basically spend no money on anything, just their young daughter. He certainly doesn't have rich family or anything supporting him, the other way around, he comes from a background where 320 000 yen for a pair of shoes is a huge amount of money (and note, that's base price, he charges for all extras, shoe trees, toe taps, more tricky patterns etc. So these here would correspond to 380 000 in total, I paid 20 000 less since they were ordered under the old price list).

Nonetheless, I'm nagging on him to continue to raise prices (he do seem to listen, last raise was after we talked, and he also simplified his fitting shoes especially first ones a bit after input from me), if nothing else to make it more reasonable for other shoemakers in Japan who have to charge more to survive but who can't make as fine shoes as Eiji san.

Cheers! Yeah, many people think the same :)
How difficult is it to get there? Might do a Japan trip next year & by the time I need to come back for fittings, It’ll be time for another Japan trip haha.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably easier to justify a trip to japan if you're a big skier, but this one would require a giant detour

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably easier to justify a trip to japan if you're a big skier, but this one would require a giant detour
I’d like to visit Japan independent of that. Shoes would be an added bonus, but, thinking about it, I see no reason to deviate from my current shoemaker, despite the price. Waiting 5 years is a long time. I am doing a pair of bespoke boots with Lee miller is the us & he’s also 5 years. He mentioned he had a Japanese apprentice at one point who has now moved back to Japan. Surprised there isn’t a bounty on the name of that apprentice haha.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to get there? Might do a Japan trip next year & by the time I need to come back for fittings, It’ll be time for another Japan trip haha.

Not that difficult, you go by train to Matsudo station, from there either bus and walk, or taxi (definitely more convenient). Takes about an hour in total from Tokyo station.

Wsl

Reaction score
I collected this pair of tassel loafers from Hiro earlier this week.
MTM model in Dark Cognac Cordovan.
Was quite lucky that I placed the order early this year, heard that the waiting time for MTM/MTO has also increased beyond 1 year.

mtm - Copy.jpg

Mikitorre90

Reaction score
Most reputable bespoke makers will adjust your shoes if the fit is off which is almost bound to happen for the first pair. I can't think of a single maker who refused to make it right with the customer except maybe Cleverly.

The doors at Cleverley's are always open for repairs and adjustments :)

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more shoe splendor.

Screenshot (934).png

Screenshot (933).png

These are by Seiichi Yoshimoto, a Japanese shoemaker working in Rome, I could visit recently.

Disclaimer: I post (or repost, as someone would say) what I like and find worth to be seen. If one doesn't like it, he has nothing else to do than using the ignoring function.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Just realized I forgot to post pics of my MTO Spigola oxfords here. Standard black cap-toe, leather soles. Didn't specify but seems like Koji would give you beveled waist by default unless you ask for something else. I only asked for a seamless back since I thought it'd look neat.

Toe taps and bespoke shoe trees (the hinged ones, rather than the ones with springs) each cost an additional $125 via The Armoury, which I find oddly expensive for the former, and oddly cheap for the latter. Overall they cost me just under $3k after NY taxes.

ZDqH23w.jpg

WaBjFwN.jpg

KaQ6FVS.jpg

lT6MSYq.jpg

EYVSira.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads