• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Pint of Brew

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum veterans, I'd like to ask if anyone knows about "Cottesmore 2". I've seen some pictures and it's on a single sole, with a dark brown leather. My main concern, however, is the last; images I've seen show the toe-box to be shorter in height (as in from the floor) and the whole shoe seems to be a little more elegant. I know the UK-market Cottesmore fits me like a glove: I had to push fairly hard to get my ankle down it but once in it felt like second skin, but ultimately I left it because I didn't like the double sole or the vague colour.

Here's a picture of the elusive Cottesmore 2 in question:
cottesmore-2.jpg

Last edited:

Pint of Brew

Reaction score
Looks to me like the 348; I wear the same size in both the 341 and 348.
I would like to be associated with the words of the last speaker, as I do too.

Now that you mention it, the shoe does seem to have the square shoulder-lines of the 348. I find this odd, because the 341 of the Cottesmore felt ideal to my foot, yet whenever I try a 348 it somehow feels unimpressive. Thank you for your input, gentlemen. As always, a pleasure.

Mifune

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum veterans, I'd like to ask if anyone knows about "Cottesmore 2". I've seen some pictures and it's on a single sole, with a dark brown leather. My main concern, however, is the last; images I've seen show the toe-box to be shorter in height (as in from the floor) and the whole shoe seems to be a little more elegant. I know the UK-market Cottesmore fits me like a glove: I had to push fairly hard to get my ankle down it but once in it felt like second skin, but ultimately I left it because I didn't like the double sole or the vague colour.

cottesmore-2.jpg

Last 348 confirmed here: http://www.upper-shoes.com/lang-en/chaussures-luxe-hommes-crockett-and-jones/5676-cottesmore-2.html

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed with the French market the 348 & 358 lasts are used more compared to the English and US markets. Are there any other places where one can purchase the French C&J models?

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cottesmore-2.jpg

Very nice model

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone going soon to the C&J Factory Shop and is willing to proxy their Rejects?

I can pay via PayPal + cost of a favor (60 USD per a pair of shoe).. Shipping is to Germany ..

I know the style I want, size I need .. So, if someone is traveling there soon anyway, can sure make some decent money on it's way..

soender

Reaction score

It's funny that you should mention it, as I'm currently contemplating getting the Cottesmore for next winter (and hold back on the Islay..). I want either a) Black w Dainite. Same as Barneys have, but I would have to do either a prohibitively expensive import or have the hassle of finding a proxy. b) the darker leather of Cottesmore 2, on 341 and Dainite.

I find it somewhat annoying that the model I want do exist but from a seller where it's not feasible to shop, or kind of exists but on a different last. Would that leave me with special order (or proxy) as they only option?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J don't allow last changes as part of their MTO program.

You would need to order the Cottesmore 1 (341 last) as an MTO and change the sole type to dainite and leather color to dark brown.

Gonna cost you prob $500 over the retail. You're looking at a $1100-$1200 total.

Pint of Brew

Reaction score
C&J don't allow last changes as part of their MTO program.

You would need to order the Cottesmore 1 (341 last) as an MTO and change the sole type to dainite and leather color to dark brown.

Gonna cost you prob $500 over the retail. You're looking at a $1100-$1200 total.

Not that I doubt your info, because I definitely can't claim to have looked into it extensively, but last I checked their MTO surcharge was in the region of 100 pounds. This came about when I was chatting to the staff at the Birmingham store about soles; their suggestion was get leather, wait until it's worn and have a resoling in whatever sole you prefer, since the cost difference to an MTO is zero, and you don't have to wait.

Soender, if the colour doesn't suit your taste and neither does the sole, I'd say buy something else. Skoaktiebolaget have a lovely Carmina jodhpur in brown with a Tormir (sp?) half rubber half leather sole, and Herring do a very reasonably priced pair in black or mahogany with single leather. They're so cheap you could go ahead and resole them straight off the bat and still be significantly cheaper than an off-the-shelf pair of cottesmore.

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done MTO's with them...so I know from experience.

My most recent MTO of a Tetbury was $1100...the Tetbury retail is $550 (may have gone up a bit recently since they just had some price hikes)

That being said, the MTO price will vary depending on just how much you want done. If you are just changing leather and soles it will cost less...if you are making design changes it will cost more.

Regardless, its not cheap.

Best thing to do would be to just call C&J and get a quote...

I live in NYC and we all know that NYC is more expensive than London for C&J prices...but for ease of convenience its great. And the guys at the NYC store can help you with some great design options.

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Last week, I had a grail find: a pair of near-new Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren Jodphur boots in what appears to be brown shell cordovan. These haven't been made in at least a decade, as far as I know, and the brown shell is significantly lighter than modern-day Horween brown shell. The last photo shows that comparison, as well as some other old C&J shell. An absolute collector's item in perfect condition, these are for sale. They are a size 11.5D. Please check my signature for the listing.
Great boots - why aren't you keeping them for yourself??:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads