• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J Lingfield - Made Exclusively for Barneys NYC - 348 Last - Burnished Chestnut Calf

These were the ones of the barneys warehouse sale. just arrived today. for the price they were definitely a good deal.

I have to say I am rather impressed by these chelseas and might have an MTO of them done in the future. I definitely prefer the chelsea on the 348 last than any of C&J's other chelsea lasts which I find to just not be that stylish. The chestnut is a little too "orangish" for my jeans I think. Might have to muck them up a bit in this crappy weather :D

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Pickering boot, made for Purdey. Loving the crimped storm welt, the half-bellows tongue and also the colour - this is, I think, C&J's 'beige country calf' which sounds really insipid but is fantastic IMHO. Everyone who knows me knows that I wear ok shoes and boots, but these got a lot of attention both at work and play last week. Comparison below with my Conistons.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, beautiful colour boots , I prefer the boots made for Purdey, they are superb, love the way the welt is done! Are they the same size ? The Pickering look slightly bigger? I also like the extra height on the boot.

I was at the Purdey shop on Thursday but did not see anything similar to these

Last edited:

CTBrummie

Reaction score
They're beautiful, aren't they, Farhad? And very astute - both pairs of boots are marked 9.5 E but the Purdey boot is definitely roomier...might even need to think about an insole...

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, Brummie! I certainly agree that the colour is much more interesting than the Corniston (not to say that I don't like that one, of course)...

embromides

Reaction score
Pickering boot, made for Purdey. Loving the crimped storm welt, the half-bellows tongue and also the colour - this is, I think, C&J's 'beige country calf' which sounds really insipid but is fantastic IMHO Yes, a beautiful shade. Great shine on the toecaps! This it seems to me to be the shade of beige leather which was used on the Coniston when I bought my Conistons in 2003. A light butterscotch is how I would describe it. I asked about the difference between mine and current colour of Conistons in the Birmingham shop. The very knowledgeable elderly assistant ( she had owned the shop before C&J took it over) told me they could not now obtain sufficient numbers of good quality skins to supply the boots in the lighter shade. I treasure my old Conistons, which,heavily used, are almost as good as new.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Yes, a beautiful shade. Great shine on the toecaps! This it seems to me to be the shade of beige leather which was used on the Coniston when I bought my Conistons in 2003. A light butterscotch is how I would describe it. I asked about the difference between mine and current colour of Conistons in the Birmingham shop. The very knowledgeable elderly assistant ( she had owned the shop before C&J took it over) told me they could not now obtain sufficient numbers of good quality skins to supply the boots in the lighter shade. I treasure my old Conistons, which,heavily used, are almost as good as new.

You mean the delectable Jo Heath, of course! She waxed lyrical over the boots yesterday when she saw then.

And she does believe that leather today is nowhere near the same quality as that used by decent bootmakers back in the day...

embromides

Reaction score
You mean the delectable Jo Heath, of course! She waxed lyrical over the boots yesterday when she saw then.

And she does believe that leather today is nowhere near the same quality as that used by decent bootmakers back in the day...
Yes, she is a most engaging lady. Always shows interest and enthusiasm in her customer's footwear, even it is is not C&J.

SKM: Well corrected..... What I should have said was that they have stood the test of time. Quality will out. And isn't the Harlech the most elegant boot!

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Yes, she is a most engaging lady. Always shows interest and enthusiasm in her customer's footwear, even it is is not C&J.

She was very impressed with some pics of a pair of G&Gs she been shown by a customer during the week. And she loves EG too...

Bonus pic taken inside the shop yesterday with the Pickering boots on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads