1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Today's footwear - C&J Lindrick boots for Ralph Lauren in cognac shell:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Finnemann

Finnemann New Member

Amazing shoes! Seeing your impressive collection of C&J I was wondering if you could help me out regarding sizing of the skye 2. I own both the tetbury and 2 hallams on the 348 last in size 7UK, which is perfect in the tetbury and a snug fit in the hallams (for some reason my tetburies seem to be a bit roomier). I am now about to pull the trigger on the skye cordovan, and was wondering if you have your tetburies and sky2 in the same size? Would also be interesting to get your views on the difference in fit on the 335 and 348 last. Can't wait to welcome the Norwegian rain/snow season in these!

3. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of Brown Cottesmore Jodhpur Boots?

[​IMG]

4. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

My Tetburies are all UK11E and my SKYE and SKYE2 are both UK11E.

I honestly think that I could size down a half size in the Tetbury and still be ok...especially in it's unlined brother the Milton.

But I once accidentally took home the SKYE chestnut in a 10.5E and it was too snug...and I was confused....and went and looked at the size of my SKYE2's and realized they were an 11E...so I took them back the next day and replaced them with the 11E.

That's really all I can tell you for sizing advice...feet are weird and everyone is different.

But, the SKYE2 is an awesome boot...you won't ever regret pulling the trigger on it.

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Thought I would put out some feelers for a GMTO I'm attempting to organize on the Crockett & Jones MTO Central thread.

Basically a RL Gianni in dark / medium dark scotch grain, eyelets & speedhooks, double Dainite with storm welt. I've contacted Lauren at C&J who arranged the production of the whiskey Harlech's and am waiting to hear back. Last time I spoke with her regarding this identical design was in April and the cost was going to be £350 exc. VAT so I hope it'll be similar. I've also inquired about a split-toe which C&J don't do with cordovan but might with calf.

At the moment there are 3 confirmed interested participants, with one "maybe". Think we'll need 12 so let me know if you're interested.

:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  6. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

could be interesting...but I have to admit that if I was gonna get a Gianni it would be in shell.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Shell is certainly nice of course, but I was thinking more along the lines of something I would happily wear in torrential rain in the city / country.

8. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

Popped into the Colmore Row shop today for a cuppa and catch-up with the ladies and noticed these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C&J MTO resoleable trainers, apparently. Circa £600 and all colours available...

I was having an Islay day, myself...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

not a fan of the trainers...

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Me neither. At all

11. CTBrummie

Nope...I thought they were bowling shoes at first. I'm a trainer man too, and I'll be sticking to the usual suspects in the gym and on the street...

12. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Well-Known Member

13. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

Are those vintage Brummie? can't find them online anywhere. Have seen old Aldens that were quite similar.

14. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Long time lurker, first time poster...Thanks to all posters on SF. I've learned so much about proper fashion and style. Here are a pair of C&J Navy Coniston boots I picked up at a Barneys sale a few months ago...I lucked out for sure. They only had one pair, my size. Regulaly $715 on sale for $275 and I pounced...I live in South Florida but I'll make them work! Trousers are Cobalt chinos from SPOKE in London.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

nice work Met, welcome :nodding:

16. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

17. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

good boot for those rainy south florida days...

18. CTBrummie

Nah, mate.

Can be ordered right now and were clearly new when handled. Nice leather on them, too.

Can't imagine negotiating the free weights area in my local gym wearing them, though...I'm known for my taste in footwear down there too, but those would be pushing my trainer horizons an eyelet too far...

19. aglose

aglose Well-Known Member

So yesterday, my RL C&J cordovan lindericks came out, but by the end of the day the bottom of the vamp was rubbing on my third toe. It rubbed a few layers of skin off and was quite painful. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? It appears that the crease has formed right on top of that area, and will rub on that toe.

20. kaizo

kaizo Well-Known Member

I hear cordovan takes a bit longer to break in but apparently when it does its the softest thing ever. From what you said I think it probably will be OK but I'll let the others speak on that.