• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do any of you order C&J off the internet? Seems like Barney's is the only online retailer here in the States. Any recommended UK ones? May end up being cheaper actually if they subtract the VAT.

I ordered a pair of Tetburys from Edwards of Manchester during their last sale. Ordered on Sunday and had them by Wednesday. I have no idea how they shipped to the US so fast.

If you search, there was a recent discussion on other online retailers in the US.  One is Ben Silver.  I think you are right, though --- UK may end up being cheaper.

Ben Silver's prices are very high, but they sometimes have unique makeups, like Weymouths in tan.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered a pair of Tetburys from Edwards of Manchester during their last sale. Ordered on Sunday and had them by Wednesday. I have no idea how they shipped to the US so fast.
Ben Silver's prices are very high, but they sometimes have unique makeups, like Weymouths in tan.

Agreed, on both counts.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to probably be wearing them once a week. I don't plan on hiking in them or anything rugged, just commuting to and fro from work. They'll experience rain/snow/ice for sure. Do you think re-applying every 3 to 4 months should be sufficient?

I apply as needed instead of a regular schedule (for better or worse). When I wear my boots and notice they're soaking more, then I re-apply once they dry. During heavy rains/snow, I put them on more frequently... I lived in NYC note that I walked anywhere from 3 to 5 miles in them, 75-80% in the elements.

The7Ups

Reaction score
Quote:
Good spot Brummie, 30GBP cheaper than C&J and free shipping on items over 250GBP. Good deal. I have a real problem with C&J's frankly outrageous international shipping charges for single pairs (30GBP). Islay from C&J mail order will set you back 455GBP all in with no VAT back for EU buyers.

tom delgado

Reaction score
Hallo! May anyone help me with the sizing of a pair of conistons please? How does the c&j 325 last compares to the 4497 trickers last of the stows? Thanks a lot.

calidist

Reaction score
Are there any reliable stockists for ordering G width C&Js? Preferably one with a good selection of G width styles.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
You can find online retailers offering G width, but their stock is hardly reliable. There is usually a 3 month wait at least.

C&J mail order is the only reliable game in town for G width really...

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a real problem with C&J's frankly outrageous international shipping charges for single pairs (30GBP). Islay from C&J mail order will set you back 455GBP all in with no VAT back for EU buyers.

Agree. Another option is Budapester Shuhe in Germany – I think they have shops in both Berlin and Hamburg, but no web shop, so you have to email them for availability of a specific model. Last winter I bought a pair of Islays that happened to be on sale (around 120 pounds off while they were sold out all over Britain), and to top that: free shipping (including track and trace)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

As far as I know, they also carry some EG and Tom Ford models...

CTBrummie

Reaction score

Hallo! May anyone help me with the sizing of a pair of conistons please? How does the c&j 325 last compares to the 4497 trickers last of the stows? Thanks a lot.

Go for the same size. Both are fairly roomy lasts, but I go tts on both personally.

embromides

Reaction score
Those of you searching for the Islay boot could do worse than checking out the Purdey website...
Must agree. I bought a pair of Purdy dark brown grain boots some weeks ago. They are made on the same last as the Coniston (325). I found them more elegant than the brogued Islay, which I found rather stumpy - the brogue toecap is too foreshortened for my taste. If you have the Coniston, as I have, and are looking for a darker brown in a leather boot it could prove ideal.

Last edited:

kaizo

Reaction score
I went to the c and j shop on jermyn street today and had the best shoe buying experience so far. Very welcoming and they spent time looking for the right shoe for me. In the end I bought the connaught with adjustments.

What I didn't know was that they stitch in some cushion under the tongue if you suffer from a low arch. Since I have a very low arch I had two layers stitched in it cost £40 but its the only real solution for what I have. (Trust me I looked far and wide for low arch lasts).

I said to them I have the copy of this month's GQ and they even gave me a brass shoehorn for it.

The shoe is going to arrive in a couple of weeks so will post that later. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads