• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quest for men's long sleeve SOFTEST shirts

Aronia

Reaction score
Greetings fellow forum fans. I'm new here (as of today) and I have a question about an ongoing clothing quest. I'm looking for a unisex/men's ultra-soft, ultra-thin long sleeve casual shirt (e.g., T-shirt/sweatshirt style pullover). I need a large size and the fabric will likely be that quintessentially soft tri-fabric combination of cotton, polyester, and . . . is it rayon or possibly modal? Anyway, New or used doesn't matter as long as it looks decent and, more importantly, is almost sheer with heavenly feel. I have many cashmere sweaters that meet the softeness criteria but they are too think & overly warm for most uses. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visit Stoffa.co and order cashmere or fine cotton shirts and tee’s. Their pique is also incredibly soft.

Aronia

Reaction score
Visit Stoffa.co and order cashmere or fine cotton shirts and tee’s. Their pique is also incredibly soft.

Thanks for the information. If possible, it would also be nice to get some other leads. The funny thing is that during the Great Recession the major retailer Target had unisex shirts from their house brand Mossimo that were almost ideal. Unfortunately, the many I bought then are now worn. The key is that they were/are very soft and very thin.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I see that they have long sleeve, which is what I want. Do you know how thin & soft is their fabric?

To me it’s quite soft. It’s not the thinnest possible but I wouldn’t call ir thick at all. It’s priced right to give one a try I’d say

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by soft. Lands End has good Supima polos; Smedley has polos made from Sea Island cotton that feel totally different. Warmer, for one thing, and textured to a greater degree.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
You might want to check out Faherty, specifically their "cloud" collection. I have one of the long sleeve shirts that is crazy soft and easy to care for.

jimney

Reaction score
Marine Layer. Their whole thing is soft clothing, and I actually love how their tees and such fit.

elterrell

Reaction score
Being of sensitive skin this quest is near and dear to me. Try banana republic Pima cotton shirts. Or goodwill shirts which have been washed 100x.

Smlaz

Reaction score
I’m surprised that Aronia asks SF opinion about such a subjective as “softness”. One man’s softness is another’s brutalist concrete. The only way is to try it on and return it. Have you purchased such an item before? Your choices for this item span the globe and with your description it seems like you may be fishing for something here. Dunno. Just seems like such a sophisticated question for such a simple and widely available garment. Try UNIQLO or any of the above suggestions if you’re truly stumped. Bonne chance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads