• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanB
Any idea what sort of overcoats they have in stock? I've been looking for a "Polo" coat. (Not as in Ralph Lauren Polo, but the camel colored overcoat with peak lapels and a belt in back.)

Thanks.

The "Polo" coat does have a great look from some bygone era, but beware, it is a heavy coat.
First, if you get camel hair, it is a heavier fabric than wool and cashmere. Second, the coat is designed to be loose and flowing, and it is designed to bunch up in the back (the belt gathers some of this in, but the fabric is still there. With all the extra fabric in the back, and the extra fabric of the particular stile (DB, peak lapel, patch pockets), it feels like you are wearing TWO coats.

If you do find one, given the large and loose style, I would recommend going down one size.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black label suit I got was off. It was described as a dark charcoal, almost black and a 40R. It's labeled as "Nero" (black) although it does look like a faded black and it's a 40L. I put it against my other jackets from black label and the pocket location is on the same for all so I guess theoretically I could have the length altered to fit appropriately.

However, it is still black, albeit a faded black. Not sure what to do.

The 40R purple label suit sorta fit the description. The grey is not light but perhaps I misheard that portion. The shoulder padding might be a little more generous than black label though and I'm wondering whether it's at all possible to make the alteration to get that black label fit given my massive shoulders as is. If I decide not to keep it, I already have someone from SF interested in it but if they don't want it, I'll drop it on here or just drive up there soon and return it.

I don't think I'm doing as well on these SF feeding frenzies as you guys
frown.gif

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer!

Sorry they aren't working out. Hope you can tailor them to your liking.

I ended up passing on the RLBL Charcoal in size 38. I just couldn't get an accurate read on what it would be like. The last description said it was charcoal, but very dark...almost black. Herringbone weave. Lastly, and this was both very intriguing and at the same time odd, given that it was black label, the jacket featured slanted pockets and a throat latch. I've never seen black label have these features. Polo sure, Purple sure, but this does not seem like part of the black label lexicon. Part of me wishes I took the chance on it just to see.

Does your black label charcoal suit have these features? If so, can you post a pic?

NOLA1

Reaction score
If anyone bought a RLPL suit in 44L and isn't happy with it shoot me a PM.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will take RLPL in 40R if someone is willing to sell,just shoot me a message.
thanks.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
The shoulder padding might be a little more generous than black label though and I'm wondering whether it's at all possible to make the alteration to get that black label fit given my massive shoulders as is.

Not to rain on the frenzy, but I am in the middle of it myself. But I was a bit suprised to see so many ppl like the purple label and black label cut, Given a decent amout of forum member prefer the light padded shoulder look. Both Black label and purple label are well padded in the shoulders, and in my opinion , their main target are for ppl with minimal muscular built.
So its not a ideal fit for me, but given and quality of these suits and the price we are getting them, I guess its hard to resist.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
Bummer!

Sorry they aren't working out. Hope you can tailor them to your liking.

I ended up passing on the RLBL Charcoal in size 38. I just couldn't get an accurate read on what it would be like. The last description said it was charcoal, but very dark...almost black. Herringbone weave. Lastly, and this was both very intriguing and at the same time odd, given that it was black label, the jacket featured slanted pockets and a throat latch. I've never seen black label have these features. Polo sure, Purple sure, but this does not seem like part of the black label lexicon. Part of me wishes I took the chance on it just to see.

Does your black label charcoal suit have these features? If so, can you post a pic?

First, let's refer to it as black and not charcoal. And the weave isn't exactly a weave like you're thinking...I'm having trouble thinking of how to describe it but basically it looks like a slightly faded black. It is without a doubt black although not as strong of a black like my tuxedo. I'm not sure what a throat latch is though. The purple label has a small pocket above one of the side pockets...for change...a pocket watch? not sure since I didn't even think to look until you brought up the pockets.

In all honesty, I'm amazed that the short black labels I already own, the regular purple label i just bought, and the long black label i just bought all seem to be of the same proportion when it comes to height and can simply be tailored. Everyone always talks about not altering the length of a jacket because it screws with the proportions and I don't see how that's true anymore. It's opened up a lot of options for me now.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
Not to rain on the frenzy, but I am in the middle of it myself. But I was a bit suprised to see so many ppl like the purple label and black label cut, Given a decent amout of forum member prefer the light padded shoulder look. Both Black label and purple label are well padded in the shoulders, and in my opinion , their main target are for ppl with minimal muscular built.
So its not a ideal fit for me, but given and quality of these suits and the price we are getting them, I guess its hard to resist.

I keep playing with the shoulders on the jackets and it's hard to describe how the two are different. I think the black label is a bit tighter and more roped but the purple label is bigger in general. Hopefully, I'll decide soon and I won't have the charge on my next credit card bill
smile.gif

RLgirl

Reaction score
i would like to apologize for not posting sooner. i will definitely get my suit list prepared for tomorrow. today was just a very busy and long day at the store, so i didnt have the chance.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Shikar
Can someone please call Ralph and let him know what a gem of a person his corporation has!!
worship.gif

She may singlehandidly sell most of the RLPL/BL in the state....and can accuratly describe a suit to SF standards....with a smile!!
worship.gif
worship.gif

Regards.

Originally Posted by slycedbred
Seconded! Alex, you're the best

i just had to quote you guys because you are really the best. THANK YOU

Originally Posted by haganah
The black label suit I got was off. It was described as a dark charcoal, almost black and a 40R. It's labeled as "Nero" (black) although it does look like a faded black and it's a 40L. I put it against my other jackets from black label and the pocket location is on the same for all so I guess theoretically I could have the length altered to fit appropriately.

However, it is still black, albeit a faded black. Not sure what to do.

The 40R purple label suit sorta fit the description. The grey is not light but perhaps I misheard that portion. The shoulder padding might be a little more generous than black label though and I'm wondering whether it's at all possible to make the alteration to get that black label fit given my massive shoulders as is. If I decide not to keep it, I already have someone from SF interested in it but if they don't want it, I'll drop it on here or just drive up there soon and return it.

I don't think I'm doing as well on these SF feeding frenzies as you guys
frown.gif

im very sorry to hear this. i hope that you are able to get the right fit and everything works out. if it doesnt you can definitely return. just remember it has to be within the thirty days with the reciept and tags. if you dont plan on doing any shopping at the outlets, i suggest you just ship it back, you'd have to call the store before hand and just let us know. it might not be worth the trouble to drive up here for that. if you'd like you can send me a pm with your info, and ill see what i can find tomorrow. you can also call the store, i will be in at one

RLgirl

Reaction score
so here it is. its organized by size, obviously
tounge.gif

36R

-RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
peak lapel, SB, 2B
quantity:1

38S

-RLBL very dark brown
notch lapel, SN+B, 2B
quantity:2

-RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
peak lapel, SB, 2B
quantity:4

-RLPL solid tan
notch lapel, SB, 2B

38R

-RLBL very dark brown
notch lapel, SB, 2B
quantity:5

-RLBL solid navy, thick material(little grooves, ribbed)
notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL faded(light) black with herringbone weave
notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL black with pinstripe
peak lapel, SB, 2B

40S

notch lapel, SB, 2B

40L

notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid black with herringbone weave
peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL tuxedo

42S

-RLBL very dark brown
notch lapel, SB, 2B

42L

-RLPL solid dark blue
notch lapel, SB, 2B

44R

-RLBL solid black
peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL black with classic style pinstripe
peak lapel, DB, 2B

notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid black with herringbone weave
peak lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL tuxedo

44L

-RLBL black with tight pinstripe
peak lapel, SB, 2B

46R

-RLPL black with tight pinstripe
notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLPL faded(light light) black with classic style pinstripe
notch lapel, SB, 2B

46L

-RLPL navy (thicker material, still wool)
notch lapel, SB, 2B

48R

-RLBL navy with pinstripe
notch lapel, SB, 2B

-RLBL solid navy, thick material(little grooves, ribbed)
notch lapel, SB, 2B

if there are any questions, ask. i will do my best to answer from memory. you can also call the store. unfortunately, i wont be in tomorrow
frown.gif

have a wonderful day everyone!

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does "SN+B" stand for?

I have this and love it:

RLBL chocolate brown with pinstripe
peak lapel, SB, 2B
quantity:4

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads