• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
First shirt from propercloth, picked up the light blue oxford based on measurements from some existing shirts, see photos below:

Front:
PP_front.jpg

Back:
PP_back.jpg

Side:
PP_side1.jpg

Order Measurements:
PP_measurements.png

Overall I am fairly happy for a first attempt. For the remake I am considering taking in the waist another inch or so, and perhaps changing the Shoulder / Armpit Fit from "Full" to "Tailored". Any other suggestions? I feel like there is a little too much excess material in the back, but I am hesitant to get darts since it is a more casual shirt. Also considering changing the chest posture from 'Standard' to 'Chest Forward 1"'. Thoughts?

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
How far do the sleeves fall when unbuttoned?

Can you wear a watch comfortably?

How is the neck?

Is the chest pulling a smidge?

Most importantly, make sure you wash twice before plotting your remake. Shrinkage is asymptotic and minimal for the heavy oxfords, but almost all of it will be gone after two washes. PC encourages you to wear your shirt before remaking for same reason.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I am hesitant to get darts since it is a more casual shirt. Also considering changing the chest posture from 'Standard' to 'Chest Forward 1"'. Thoughts?
The fit is ok for a first attempt, I'd agree. You might try turning the shirt inside-out and pinning off as much material as you plan to take out of the waist measurement. It won't be exact, but might give you an idea of what to remove.

Also, the head bag they made for you is bulky and awkward-looking.

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
How far do the sleeves fall when unbuttoned?

Can you wear a watch comfortably?

How is the neck?

Is the chest pulling a smidge?

Most importantly, make sure you wash twice before plotting your remake. Shrinkage is asymptotic and minimal for the heavy oxfords, but almost all of it will be gone after two washes. PC encourages you to wear your shirt before remaking for same reason.

Thanks for the comments, I washed the shirt twice (cold wash, hang dry) before taking these and noticed very minimal shrinkage.

Sleeves fall to the web between my thumb and forefinger which feels about right, don't wear a watch all too often, but enough space for a small dial.

Happy with the collar measurement.

Chest doesn't feel too tight, but could perhaps add a cm or so. there seems to be more fabric at the back than the front. There is slight pulling between my shoulders and the second button (see front picture), which according to their guide would indicate I should consider the square shoulder adjustment option.

The fit is ok for a first attempt, I'd agree. You might try turning the shirt inside-out and pinning off as much material as you plan to take out of the waist measurement. It won't be exact, but might give you an idea of what to remove.

Also, the head bag they made for you is bulky and awkward-looking.

Thanks for the tip, seems like about 3/4" off the half waist measurement should get me there.

And I agree, I don't think any amount of adjustment can make the head bag look good :(

Pb924

Reaction score
I wouldn’t change anything except perhaps add pleats to the cuff or widen the sleeve. I would start with the pleats to loosen the forearm / elbow area.

Cidermonk

Reaction score
Curious about thoughts on appropriate sleeve length.

According to Proper Cloth's article, "with your arms hanging relaxed at your sides and the cuffs of the shirt unbuttoned, the sleeves should come down to the center of the back of your hand (or the first knuckle of your thumb)."

I'm starting to question whether my sleeve length is way too short. My shirt sleeve ends approximately 2 inches above the first knuckle of my thumb when the sleeve is unbuttoned and is closer to my wrist than the center of the back of my hand. The sleeve does drape cleanly when standing still with arms at my slide but does tend to ride up my forearm slightly when I swing my arms. I've attached three close-up pictures of the cuff unbuttoned and one full picture of the sleeve with cuff buttoned.

Should I lengthen my sleeves? Where do your sleeves end when the cuff of the sleeve is unbuttoned?

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6185.jpg
    IMG_6185.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_6186.jpg
    IMG_6186.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 257

tcat14

Reaction score
Hi gents, has anyone had an issues with Proper Cloth’s casual pants? I ordered 3 pairs last year and they are all great. In January, I tried to order another pair and I am now on the 3rd remake of said pair. Each time their factory struggles to make the pants to the correct length. All three pairs were anywhere from .5 inches to 1 inch too short. I’m really at a loss. I love their pants but it seems they can’t get the measurement right this time. Any other similar experiences?

Pb924

Reaction score
Curious about thoughts on appropriate sleeve length.

According to Proper Cloth's article, "with your arms hanging relaxed at your sides and the cuffs of the shirt unbuttoned, the sleeves should come down to the center of the back of your hand (or the first knuckle of your thumb)."

I'm starting to question whether my sleeve length is way too short. My shirt sleeve ends approximately 2 inches above the first knuckle of my thumb when the sleeve is unbuttoned and is closer to my wrist than the center of the back of my hand. The sleeve does drape cleanly when standing still with arms at my slide but does tend to ride up my forearm slightly when I swing my arms. I've attached three close-up pictures of the cuff unbuttoned and one full picture of the sleeve with cuff buttoned.

Should I lengthen my sleeves? Where do your sleeves end when the cuff of the sleeve is unbuttoned?
Do you like the sleeve length? If so then don’t change it. Just size it how you like it. Don’t over think this

dtb0408

Reaction score
Thank you both for your input! I followed the advice and will definitely post pics once I receive the shirt.
My shirt was delivered a little over a week ago. Ended up going with the Thomas Mason White Luxury Broadcloth PCF1615. Everything was left as default except for the shoulder/armpit being changed to Tailored. Gallery below is after washing and ironing the shirt.

It's definitely going to need a remake so I welcome feedback/tweaks I can communicate. Biggest issues for me off the bat are 1) the excess fabric in the lower back/sides and 2) the tightness around the upper back, especially when cross my arms (pics 8 and 9). Thanks!

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came here to ask the same thing. I'd like to hear some reviews on their 5-pocket cords, chinos, denim...Thanks!

Hi gents, has anyone had an issues with Proper Cloth’s casual pants? I ordered 3 pairs last year and they are all great. In January, I tried to order another pair and I am now on the 3rd remake of said pair. Each time their factory struggles to make the pants to the correct length. All three pairs were anywhere from .5 inches to 1 inch too short. I’m really at a loss. I love their pants but it seems they can’t get the measurement right this time. Any other similar experiences?

Jaker12

Reaction score
I am planning to use this shirt from luca faloni as a template for my proper cloth size. Any recommendations on adjustments to the measurements? I am considering adding 0.5" to the shoulder width. Should I go for darts on the proper cloth one? I think I will be adding 2" to the length to make it wearable tucked in
PXL_20230326_065213915~2.jpg
PXL_20230326_065310750.jpg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I am planning to use this shirt from luca faloni as a template for my proper cloth size. Any recommendations on adjustments to the measurements? I am considering adding 0.5" to the shoulder width. Should I go for darts on the proper cloth one? I think I will be adding 2" to the length to make it wearable tucked in View attachment 1926503 View attachment 1926505

I'd absolutely alter sleeve length on those. Sleeves appear to be a bit long and are length-corrected by the heavy wrinkling.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am planning to use this shirt from luca faloni as a template for my proper cloth size. Any recommendations on adjustments to the measurements? I am considering adding 0.5" to the shoulder width. Should I go for darts on the proper cloth one? I think I will be adding 2" to the length to make it wearable tucked in View attachment 1926503 View attachment 1926505
Be sure to choose Very Tailored Armpit fit for a Proper Cloth shirt.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru