• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Sneakers

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG00052-20090425-1717.jpg

kickmyricks.jpg

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
I used to wear loud nikes as well, but they just seem ridiculous now. I mean, no one is telling him not to wear them, but the crowd here doesn't like them, and that's why they're pointing him to iss/niketalk, where he can probably get better input from people who do like those shoes. I don't think it's about being elitist (people here talk about nikes all the time), it's just that those particular color schemes don't do it for the members here.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of loud nikes either. But the point of the thread was to post sneakers.
Originally Posted by jet
Am I correct in assuming your idea of exciting clothes are t shirts with cartoon drawings on them in fluorescent colors?
This is the type of remark that I was talking about in my previous post. Real intelligent, go read my post again. I dress pretty basic, but I enjoy seeing what other people wear even if I'm not a fan of it.
Originally Posted by stick
It's not really elitism, all these forums just have their own styles. If, say, willy cheesesteak, were to post this: over at Hypebeast he'd get slammed by the "elitists" there too. It's not that these tacky ass sneakers are ugly or immature, they're just different from the style on this forum. But yeah, they're also ugly.
I agree..certain forums have their own style, but I'm not just talking about this post there's been other people that I see come to this forum and get ridiculed and end up not coming back that I think would benefit the forum if they stayed. More opinions and diversity doesn't hurt anything.
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
We are elitist because we don't have same aesthetic as hypebeast? Go to a different forum.
Haha, thanks for the advice dude. I enjoy the forum, so I'm not going to leave though. I read more than just this forum. Just disregard my first post, I don't want anyone to cry here.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Same ol' argument. Yup. It's long been established that this place suffers from either group think or an extreme case of common interests. This place can get stuffy at times but I liken it to a car forum with a particular interest in domestics rather than imports; people know that imports exist, are happy if others are happy with them, and realize that there are other forums out there dedicated or better-suited to that interest. Variety may be the spice of life but this place doesn't have to open minded 100% of the time just to please everyone. If there are enough members to make this thread worthwhile then so be it. It's fine, it's just that there might be other places with more members who openly express similar tastes.
This is a really good point that should be re-iterated whenever someone new doesn't like everything that people say about thier fits, esp the hb stuff.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L.A Guy: I wish superga made hightops, the all black leather Formula Uno is pretty awesome, and would be perfect in a high.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You said:

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
Damn man there are so many elitists on this forum, it's crazy. Every time someone comes here with a little diversity everyone just rags on them. Maybe that's why the majority of people on this forum wear really boring clothes. I can only take so much basic tee, jeans, basic sneaker. I don't even wear anything nuts either, I am a pretty basic guy, but just because someone comes in wearing something different than you doesn't mean you have to ridicule them.

Then I asked your stupid ass this:

Originally Posted by jet
Am I correct in assuming your idea of exciting clothes are t shirts with cartoon drawings on them in fluorescent colors?

and you respond with:

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
This is the type of remark that I was talking about in my previous post. Real intelligent, go read my post again. I dress pretty basic, but I enjoy seeing what other people wear even if I'm not a fan of it.

Brilliant. Yeah I think we will disregard your first idiotic post.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elexzar