• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GloStiX

Reaction score
There was a kit to build your own Panerai 111 style watch with no markings somewhere on the internet for less than $150 if I recall correctly. High quality Unitas movement that IWI Marine Diver uses, comes with all the tools and a leather strap.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCF1551.jpg
I loved the design and size of Panerai, but couldn't afford one. I bought a cheap knock off in San Jose, and found a nice stingray band to put on it. My guilt over owning a cheap knock off is small, but the large scuff that the glass picked up keeps me from wearing it. But it does take a good deal of pleasure out of the occasion, knowing that it's fake. It makes me want to save up and eventually own a genuine one. For now, I instead wear the hell out of my Raymond Weil, but at least that one is genuine. Please excuse the pathetic staged photo, I'm trying to get better at framing and capturing close up shots.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
It's fine to get an affordable watch, but I think it's a little cheesy to get one that is so obviously modeled upon the object of your desire (To me, IWI MD looks totally like a PAM knockoff. ) There are plenty of original, nice watches of similar size and style in your price range.

FWIW and I know that's not helpful to the OP here, I'm of the same opinion.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Understood and agreed.

I just hate going half-assed. A BMW is great in its own right. If the OP wants a Panerai, he should get a Panerai. Or he could get something that's ALMOST a Panerai and never be fully happy with it. In my experience, every time I've wanted X and compromised with Y, I've always wished that I'd just waited a bit longer and gotten what I wanted in the first place.

+1 on this. And I'd sooner get a 2nd hand Panerai logo model than get a replica/homage. There are other places, not just TZ, that offers pre-owned Panerais out there. And, with the way the global economy is going- I wouldn't be surprised to see more pre-owned watches up for sale in the coming months.

Re: fakes- I absolutely won't throw money on them.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

The purpose of my post was to find something in the same vein as the Radiomir... not a fake/replica.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Why don't you just save up and get the real thing? Can't you get a basic Panerai for like $5,000? Is that such a far cry from $1,500?

Yes. 5K is absolutely a far cry from 1.5K.

theguy

Reaction score
The real thing also goes up in value so you can think of it as an investment you are wearing. Thats what I tell everyone when they say im an ass for spending so much on a watch You could probably get a second hand one for about 4k
photoul3.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
Thanks for the replies.

The purpose of my post was to find something in the same vein as the Radiomir... not a fake/replica.

Have you looked at the Glycine Eugene Meylan for a lower-priced cushion-case watch? It's not too bad and it's not a PAM knock-off

fullsize1.jpg

penguin vic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theguy
The real thing also goes up in value so you can think of it as an investment you are wearing. Thats what I tell everyone when they say im an ass for spending so much on a watch You could probably get a second hand one for about 4k
If the real thing goes up in value how come people keep saying to go on timezone and get a (real) second hand one at a better price ..?
confused.gif

sfo423

Reaction score
Not true. I don't own a Panerai but I have had a Rolex and a Baume & Mercier since '92; they have not increased in value (albeit not Panerai). If you have a LE or model that is not produced anymore, maybe its value has increased.

I do have a nicely restored vintage two-stroke that has appreciated nicely though.

The economy is sliding; buy a used one at a nice discount from someone that is living on a few months $ cushion and has never seen a recession. That's called a motivated seller.

Originally Posted by theguy
The real thing also goes up in value so you can think of it as an investment you are wearing.
Thats what I tell everyone when they say im an ass for spending so much on a watch

You could probably get a second hand one for about 4k

photoul3.jpg

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A interesting Radiomir homage is the Precista Italian by Eddie Platts/Timefactors.com. It uses Unitas 6497-1 movement and runs £335.
italiannonle01.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you should save up for the real thing. Hopefully, for your sake, it will take long enough that you will realize in the meantime that they are hideous watches.
devil.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think you should save up for the real thing. Hopefully, for your sake, it will take long enough that you will realize in the meantime that they are hideous watches.
devil.gif

ngbbs44328a289dd3div4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads