• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pointer Brand

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they do a normal 5-pcoket that's raw? It looks like everything on their site is stonewashed...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Who else is interested in this brand? Speak up!

Im interested if you can get a decent size run of the hickory and fisher stripe carpenter pants (e.g. 32x34).

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Im interested if you can get a decent size run of the hickory and fisher stripe carpenter pants (e.g. 32x34).

Gee that's the size I wear.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the hickory chore coat for about a month now. They were out of Large for a long time but they should have all sizes in stock now.

I have a Large. I been wearing it over heavy flannel and it fits loose. The body is very boxy. I'm thinking of ordering a medium to see if it fits better since they're so inexpensive. I hang dry it and no shrinkage to speak of. I think I need the other colors as well.

I like it and have been complemented numerous times on it. Actually, one girl said I look like I work in a coal mine. Not sure if that's a complement but I didn't mind.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright here's the deal on Pointer. We stock there overalls but can get anything they make. So what I'm going to do is setup a Pointer category on the site with everything they make listed. It's going to be a special order so it'll take a week to get in. The one thing we ask is that you make sure you order the correct size. The reason being is if we get too many returns it won't be worth the hassle and I'll drop the brand from the site.

If you can't wait til I get it setup call the store and talk to Dave. I'm in the middle of site revamps right now so don't expect to see the cat up for 3 weeks or so.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Pointer Shoes are a brand by the people of Converse/Vans that was recently introduced and is stocked in UO-type shops here in Melbourne, not bad, they have a few desert boot-esque sneakers, pretty cheap though (price & quality).

titusgroan

Reaction score
Hello - For great service try dealing directly with Pointer through their website. the people running it at super friendly and informative. I've bought 2 chore coats and asked a bunch of questions and they were great. thanks.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by titusgroan
Hello - For great service try dealing directly with Pointer through their website. the people running it at super friendly and informative. I've bought 2 chore coats and asked a bunch of questions and they were great. thanks.

That's all fine and dandy, if you want to pay full retail.

titusgroan

Reaction score
looks like this dropped off - but I love pointer so... I got a pair of Hickory Stripe Pants direct from Pointer last month - already have 2 chore coat - denim and white. once you buy you get on their mailing list and they'll email you for 10 percent off yer next order. i'm going for the fisher stripe pants next. as for fit - kinda big but will shrink some. but i usually get 38 but will size down to 36 for next order. but they have shrunk a bit and they are comfy and F and they look good w/boots, mocs and canvas sneeks so maybe i'll stick with the 38s... hmmmm........ as for the carpenter denim pant - i emaild the company last year - and can vouch for them from when i got my chore coat - the carpenter pant denim is unwashed/raw. very rigid and dark. it not some **** make in Japan or by Cone but my GOD how can you afford that and EAT???? anyway - my coat lightened up to a nice blue as i've washed it and i usually toss in dryer for a bit (OH GOD NO) then hang dry after that - i like to wear it too much and cant wait for it to drip dry!! I know I know Dont let the GOD OF DENIM HEAR ME!!! but really - if you want pointer buy from them directly from their site - they are nice people and you'll keep them in bidnezz which if you don't know if F'in Tough! I will not to buy any other denim/pants (except chinos - which i've told them to start making) from any one else since Pointer are CHEEP and WELL MADE and Look GOOD and FROM THE USA!!!! good god - what the hell is with you F'Rs??? Get with the Pointer already!!! D

ps CRANES - yer selling it - not making it - calm down!! not a great way to get customers dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads