1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pointer Brand

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Mar 29, 2009.

1. US Grant

US Grant Well-Known Member

Ian- curious how the jacket is working out for you. I hear mixed things, the duck cotton is too thin, the collar is too wide (that's seems universal), the fit is unique. Any insight is really helpful!

2. EmergencyIan

EmergencyIan Member

I don't know a lot about canvas weights, but I never considered the duck canvas thin on this jacket. I would guess that it's a medium weight. I can say that in photographs, I though the new jacket looked "stiff"...the duck canvas, but when I received the jacket I was surprised at how pliable and soft to the touch it was.

Of course, the collar is too big and I had the tailor take 3/4 of an inch off of it.

If you wash and dry the jacket, it shrinks, of course. So, I got my normal size and it fits pretty well. The only thing I noticed is that it's slightly roomy throughout the torso, which can be good, bad or indifferent depending on your preference.

- Ian

3. Joe1182

Joe1182 Member

Ian, I would love to see how the "collar surgery" went if you get the chance. It's one of the things that drives me a little nuts about the coat before ordering it. Thanks! :slayer:

4. EmergencyIan

EmergencyIan Member

Please, forgive the long, long delay in getting pictures to you of this jacket after the collar "surgery."

These pictures were taken this afternoon because my wife wanted to get a picture of my facial hair prior to it's removal. It was a bit warmer today then it's been in a good while and I happened to be wearing the Pointer chore coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Ian

1 person likes this.
  5. Florian Gray

Florian Gray Well-Known Member

I'm 6'1", 165 lbs, and wear 38 suits. Based on reading this forum I should be ordering a Small Chore Coat, but I'm not sure if I should get the Long version. For reference, I wear 24.5" sleeves on suit jackets that go to my wristbone and leave about half an inch of my dress shirt exposed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from those around six feet.

6. taylorhoover1

taylorhoover1 New Member

looking to get this coat. having trouble picking my size.. Im about 6'2" 190/200 lbs. would you suggest medium? they dont offer a tall selection.